( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 28: A Nearing Downfall

My writing skills aren't improving at all. Fuck~

Also, I haven't had any proper sleep since last week so deal with the grammar and spelling errors until I decide to edit it, okay? :)

Chapter 28:

~~~

Arriving at school 2 hours before classes started, I tried my best to repress a yawn as I focused on the meeting I was currently in. Being a part of the student council, I was requested, or more like order by its president, to come to school earlier than the usual to attend a council meeting regarding the upcoming school anniversary and festival. Sitting inside the conference room, I continued to play with my pen while my mind started to wander.

"Do you like Akashi-kun?"

Nika's words were still stuck inside my head since yesterday, making me stay up all night. The way she asked the question, I can feel that my supposed answer matters deeply to her. But at the same time, on how she easily brushed the topic off, you can hint that something was bugging her.

I remained stuck in my own little world until a voice brought me back, "Aihana," the red haired president spoke with a little force to get my attention. Snapping back to reality, I looked at the voice owner, only to realize that everyone in the room has their eyes on me too.

"Pay attention" he commanded. Giving me a cold stare at the same time, it made me feel as if I was a dog being told by its master to behave (which is pretty embarrassing). Everybody in the room sat uncomfortably on their seats because of the redhead's tone. Gulping, "S-sorry," I mumbled an apology.

Clearing his throat, the vice-president tried to ease the atmosphere by resuming was we were supposed to be doing, "Ah, Hakino-san," he began, "We wanted to know if you've taken note of the things you need to do. If you could just tell it out loud so we can clarify if you missed something," he explained with a stiff smile, slightly unease seating next to the redhead president. 

Making an 'oh' face; I grabbed my small pad and scan the notes I had, "I need to make an announcement regarding the upcoming activities later at lunch break. And then, make drafts of the school festival poster and flyers you all can chose from once I receive the schedule and info that are needed," I stated, looking at them to see if I forgot anything.

"I think I can get the file you need finished before the end of classes," the secretary seated across me informed. "That's great then, I can start with the poster ahead of time," I smiled, collecting my stuffs as the meeting closed to an end.

After a couple of reminders, "Is there anymore question?" Akashi clarified, eyeing the people in the room. When no one spoke up, he started to collect the papers on his desk properly. Standing from his seat, "If there is none, then you are all free to go. The meeting has ended," he announced before turning to his heels and leaving the room.

~~~

Time skip: Lunch Break

"Good afternoon, everyone. This is Hakino Aihana, from the Student Council, speaking. I have an announcement to make: Booking of rooms for the festival will be on Monday, 7 am sharp. Also, deadline of forms are today. Include the title and objective of your ideas in the form and please, no more maid cafes. I repeat no more maid cafes.

The SC secretary will be roaming around to collect those forms after class. Late forms will not be approved. We will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the school in less than two months along with the school's festival so we hope for all of your cooperation. That is all, thank you!" I spoke over the microphone before pressing the switch on it off. Letting a tried sigh, I stretched my arms upward before slumping back on the chair, my stomach grumbling in the process since I haven't been able to eat lunch yet.