Part Three

[ Jessi's POV ] Feb 8, 2025

"Fine, fine. Well, you know what!" he paused, making me shiver. "We're done! If you can't let me into your life, and let me know what's going on, then I can't trust you enough to be with you!" his voice seemed furos, like his body was stiffened and hot. His words slowly crept into my mind, making my body quiver and eyes become glossier than ever. I soon felt tears fall from my eyes, and my hand moved to my mouth, trying to suppress the cries wanting to escape. The phone went silent, and not a comfortable silence. My body started to shake, speechless, and I suddenly heard myself let out the cries.

Moments soon, I heard a grunt and the phone line went dead. I cried even more holding my phone close as I sat in my old bed-in my old room-and felt my body shake violently. I wanted to talk, I wanted to yell, to scream, but my voice wouldn't let me. Joel, I'm sorry...

Suddenly, I felt my body fall sideways, but thankfully, it was a soft landing. As my head fell between the pillows, tears stained my cheeks and pillowcase. "Joel...Joel..." as I tried speaking his name, louder and louder, the cries became louder as well. As the room was completely dark, I saw the door open and hallway light shined through the slit in the door.

"Jessi?" there was a soft voice at the door, making my voice die down, and body shake less. As I didn't respond, the voice came closer and light shined brighter. Squinting my eyes, I tried figuring out the figure, it was my mom.

"M-ma?" my voice cracked and I slowly raised my body, prompting myself on my elbow. She strode over to my bedside, sitting on the edge.

"Hey, " her voice was now sweet, comforting, as if she knows exactly what's going on. "How are you doing?"

"G-good, just fine, perfectly fine..." I trailed off and looked in another direction, away from my loving mom.

"Don't lie to me, Jessi, you're lying, I know you too well, you're practically my twin." When in reality, we were each other's other half. Sighing, I sat up a little more, glancing to my mom's face in the dark.

"Joel and I..." just saying his name made me quiver, "aren't-aren't together anymore..." my bottom lip quivered and eyes became wet again. I placed my hand over my mouth and kept quiet, not wanting to cry again. My mom sighed, and she leaned over to place a hand on my shoulder but I crashed my body into hers and held her torso tightly, sniffling. She was startled, but hugged my close.

"I'm sorry, baby..." was all she could really say, even when it wasn't her fault at all-besides having me. Disappointed with myself, I let myself cry, but my mom let me, and she held me close. As tears flowed out of my eyes, I could hear my mom's coos, and her hair rubs calmed my shaking body.

"It's okay, I'm sure he didn't mean it-it's just because you baby him, so when you go back, everything thing should go back to normal." her voice was soothing, ringing through my ears and I tried to believe every word, but I wasn't completely sure that it was true. I really wanted to know it was all a lie, I really loved him, and I didn't know if he still did.

"Ma?" she hummed in response, "do you think-he still loves me?" she stayed quiet, making me anxious. When she did speak, she sounded sincere.

"Yes."

*** Feb 9, 2025

The next morning was hectic. I woke to a pounding headache, and a stained wet pillow. Sighing, I rolled over to suddenly face a shout-Paws was upstairs with me like the good old days. Kissing her snout, I smiled and cuddled her-she didn't mind my cuddles. I knew we could stay like this forever, so I decided we should go downstairs and eat. Calling her name, she slowly got off the bed and followed me downstairs. I looked around to see Chase watching something on his phone, and when he lifted his head, he noticed me and smiled genuinely. Smiling back, I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to see orange juice-yum.

"Hun?" I could hear my mom call out to Chase. Downing my juice, I saw someone at the corner of my eye-my brother. Sighing, I shook my head at him. As he walked closer, I could smell his odor.

"Brah, you're gross." Giggling, we punched each other's shoulders and went our separate ways as over mom came into the kitchen.

"Who's gross,"

"Him," as I punched his arm, he laughed. Mom also laughed, which brought Chase into the kitchen as well.

"Hey, how about we go and have a breakfast celebration?" Chase suggest as he always had money. My sister has recovered from the hospital, but just needs to relax in bed. Everyone agreed once my sister got up,and it soon turned 10 am-she was up. My youngest sister, Allie was the last one to get dressed, but her outfit still turned out fairly cute, since she was cute herself. When everyone got dressed, we were about to leave when I almost forgot my phone. Trudging upstairs, I walked into my room and looked to see my phone on the ground near the bed. Sighing, I grabbed it without looking at the notifications-yet there would probably be none from Joel...Joel.

Walking downstairs, I passed Paws and smiled again. When I walked to the back door, I locked it on my way out, rushing to my mom's van as everyone piled in. I sat in the middle beside my rested sister-who looked better than she did when she was in the hospital. My brother and youngest sister sat in the back where the seatbelts were perfectly fine, besides mine-which always bothered my brother.

As we got to the diner, I couldn't take not looking at my phone-with no hope-and saw that there were no messages from Joel, but everyone else. Inhaling sharply, I put my phone away and tried to ignore it, and be happy with my family. When my mom parked the car, it got hectic. My brother was super hungry and so were my sisters. Piling out, everyone trudged along and we made our way into the diner. Finding a spot, we all sat down and instead of a waitress, it was a waiter, a cute one. Idiot...

"Morning, everyone! What can I get for drinks?" I couldn't help it, but my eyes were glued. I felt a kick from under the table and I looked away. Hearing a soft giggle, it came from the waiter.

Everyone ordered their drinks, and when the waiter left; Lucas, I sighed heavily. Looking over at mom, she was giggling with Chase. Shaking my head, I smiled to myself.

"Hey, Jessi..." I turned my head in the direction of my rested sister, who yawned. I nodded at her and she continued, "how's you and your boyfriend? Joey, Joe, what was it?"

"Joel, and we're uh, good." I laughed nervously and smiled softly in her direction. She smiled and took it as an honest answer, which made me relieved. Soon, the waiter came back with our drinks and we were ready to order breakfast. As I was about to speak, my phone silently went off. Quickly ordering, I excused myself from the table and walked to the washroom. When I got there, I looked at the screen and saw the Caller ID...Joel.

*

[ Ohh!  Her POV!  Will she answer the phone? ]

C'mon, it's getting hot in here!  Whoa!  Alright, that's about it for this chapter, if you like it so far, smash that vote button, oh...comment below too!  I really enjoy hearing from you guys.  Yeah, maybe share with a friend, and see if they'll like it.  Haha, until next time...

Stay beautiful,

- jess ❤️