Part Four

[ Joel's POV ] Feb 9, 2025

I woke up to a kink in my neck, a headache, chest pain, and a sore heart. Looking at my surroundings, I noticed I was still in bed, but it was fairly early in the morning, 7 maybe? I slowly raised my body and sat up, groaning. Soon, there was a knock at the door, making my head hurt even more. "What..."

The figure that walked in was my father, I quirked an eyebrow. When he came in, he closed the door behind him and slowly walked over to my bedside, sitting on the edge of the bed, he sighed.

"Son...your mother told me what happened, and I think it's time to man up...and call her back, before your mother calls to tell her what's going on." I shook my head, knowing I'd hurt Jessi too much to her back, but I still loved her.

"O-okay...but, not right now..." I need to do something before listening to her soft voice; that I broke. My father nodded his head and stood, but gave me a slight smile.

"Don't lose this one, okay?" and he walked out. Sighing, I got out of bed, grabbed some clothes but went into the washroom just before my bedroom and went to take a shower.

As my day went on, I had two hours before I had to go to the recording studio, and I knew that maybe it was time to talk to her. Grabbing my phone, I inhaled sharply before asking Siri to call Jessi. Once it started ringing, I placed the phone to my ear and waited, hopefully. Moments before I was going to end the call, she picked up, as spoke slowly.

"Hell-hello?" her voice cracked, but it was soft. Clearing my throat, I absorbed her voice in my mind and spoke.

"Jessi, baby...hey,"

"Hey..." it went silent, making me feel incompatible without her next to me.

"Listen...I said some mean things last night, and I'm being honest, I regret them all. I would never want to let you go, I can't-I physically and mentally can't. I love you too much and my actions last night were terrible, and hurtful. I'm so fucking sorry, I don't know what happened, and I'm sorry." I was out of breath by the time I finished, I just wanted to see her face.

"Joel..." she spoke softly. Smiling softly, I listened to her voice, something to make me smile. "I'm sorry," she froze, making my eyes widen and heart fall. "I'ms orry I left you for so long, and not talking to you. I'm sorry for getting angry with you, I'm sorry...because I love you a lot." Those last words hit me hard, tears weld up in my eyes, making my smile became huge.

"Babe...you don't need to be sorry, that's my job in this case, but, no, don't be sorry." I sighed and held my breath, waiting for her response.

"How about this; I spend two more days here then I head back home, for you," I actually wasn't too bad of an idea since I have recordings for the next two days.

"Okay...that sounds good, but babe?" she hummed in response, "I love you, and I'm sorry..." I hear her giggle and soon her voice became relaxed.

"I love you too, and, I forgive you," thank god...

***

[ Jessi's POV ] Feb 10, 2025

Yesterday was a blast, but today was pack up day. I didn't want to leave exactly, but I needed to see Joel. As I continued to pack, I heard my youngest sister bang on the door. "Come in, Allie." She slowly opened my door and slowly moved herself in. I turned around to face her, and smiled.

"Hey, cutie, come here." I chuckled as she came forth. When I left my mom, her and Chase had a child, and she was only 5, Ma had her when she was 39. She was a cutie, and the thing is, she looked like both Chase and Ma. She also was the sweetest thing ever. She wasn't like my other sister when she was younger, and I was relieved.

"Whatcha up to?" I giggled as she trudged her way to me and hopped on my bed. She was smiling, but since she just woke up, she looked sleepy.

"Where are you going?" She quirked an eyebrow at my suitcase and hugged her baby blanket. Sighing softly, I finished packing and sat down beside her, wrapping my arm around her tiny body.

"I'm leaving, I gotta go back to my home,"

"But isn't this your home?" she sounded sad, hopeful. Smiling gently, I leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

"Well, it'll always be my home, but I have a new home south with my boyfriend..." I sighed heavily and leaned back on the bed, exhausted already.

"When do you go?" She fell back and landed beside me, cuddling my side. As I was about to speak, I heard my door opened wider, and looked to see who it was, and smiled as it as my other sister, Carly. She also trudged inside lazily and groaned, flopping on the bed beside us.

"Hey, Ugly,"

"Hey, Ugly," she mimicked me and we both laughed, as that was our thing but we weren't offended. As we laughed slightly, I died down once I heard my phone go off, and looked at the time, then the Caller ID.

"Girl's, it's like middle of the afternoon...you're lucky it's Saturday." I said before answering my phone; it was Joel.

"Hey, babe, I need to tell you something exciting!" Joel said cheerfully. Humming, I indicated for him to go on. "We made another single!"

"Wow, baby, I'm so happy for you! I knew you could do it." I cheered and so did the girls as I put Joel on speaker phone.

"Thanks, girls, I appreciate it." I could tell he was smiling. We chatted for a bit more; just us two, and I decided to let him go and take a walk with the girls - including Paws.

"Okay, I'm going to let you go, I'm going to take the girls for a walk, spend some time before I leave tomorrow..."

"Okay, I love you, babe."

"I love you too, baby." I smiled and ended the call, noticing the girls coming back in my room - they left? - and they were dressed. Smiling at them, I got off the bed and walked us downstairs, meeting Paws at the end.

"You girls ready?" I mentioned towards them and they smiled, getting on their boots and winter jackets. It surprisingly wasn't the coldest day of the winter, like years ago, barely even snow.

I got Paws her leash and buckled up, and soon followed the girls out and out to the street. As we walked by each other, I decided to ask if they wanted to get a snack-or brunch.

"Hey, why don't we get something to ea?"

"Yea!" Cheered Allie.

"Okay, sounds good," Carly smiled and stayed close to my side. I wrapped my arm around Carly as she held Allie's hand. While we walked, I enjoyed the moments we shared together since I don't get to see them all the time. They meant a lot to me, even if I couldn't be in Allie's like from the start, I know Carly will protect her from anything.

"I love you girls,"

*

When dinner came around, I started to feel sad, leaving my family behind, but I know they'll love me always, and as will I.

*

[ Both POV's?  Wowza! ]

Wow, four parts?  Getting frisky-wait, that's later on...hehe.  So, if you enjoy reading this story, give it a vote; I'll love you forever, and if you wanna see more for the near future, make sure to comment!  Share with an ami if you think they'd like it too.  So, as always...

Stay beautiful,

- jess ❤️