Chapter 7

The Pennsylvania pack's move westward didn't take much time. Once Lauren agreed to unifying the two packs , Scott left and returned two days later with one hundred members. When the surviving five saw how big the pack was, they couldn't believe it. They couldn't believe there was this many more of their kind. When Scott noticed their shocked expressions, he took the liberty of telling them that there were many more packs around the world.

Once they were all gathered around of Ally's house, Lauren told them they'd be living in the pack house up hill as promised. After twelve years, it's physical state hadn't change, it still stood strong and no sign of aging was evident. It was two stories tall with twenty five rooms all together, a couple bathrooms, a huge kitchen and diner, plus other extra rooms. The huge kitchen came in handy because with their bodies constantly burning up, they constantly needed lots of food in order to maintain their energy levels high.

"How did your parents afford this Laur?" Dinah asked in astonishment as she looked up at the building.

"Mom said they built it with the money that my grandparents gave to my dad before they died."

"Well they invested that money very well."

"They sure did." Lauren sighed once they were inside and took everything in.

Once they finished looking at the first floor, Ally told her the way to her new room which would be the biggest one since she was the alpha. She began to make her way upstairs and when she arrived in front of the big wooden doors, her mind began to imagine her parents inside. The image of her father working at his desk trying to take care of the pack's needs and problems popped into her head. After that image faded out, another popped up, but this time it was of her mom. She saw her helping her dad or going downstairs to help pack members with the big dinners.

When her mind was done creating made up scenarios of her parents, she took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. When the room was in full view, it was exactly how she imagined it. Most likely it was due to her brain remembering the times she was in there as a child. Taking a look around, she realized that she would no longer have problems piecing together her parents faces because there was pictures of her family scattered all around the room. She then sat her stuff down and didn't bother to put them away just yet. Instead, she took one of the pictures of her family, sat down on the bed and then stared down at it. She felt her eyes tearing up but before a tear had the chance to fall, one of the new pack members knocked on her door.

Once she registered the sound, she wiped at her eyes quickly and then said, "Come in."

"Sorry to interrupt alpha, but Ms. Allyson requested your presence downstairs."

"Tell her I'll be right down."

The guy nodded and closed the doors. Lauren took one last look at the picture and then proceeded to place it back to where it belonged. Once in the hallway, she saw multiple pack members still getting situated, but when they saw her, they immediately made way for her. She smiled at them and then  began to descend down the stairs once she had reached them. At the bottom, she noticed her mom waiting for her, but when she was close enough, she noticed that she wasn't happy. Ally had a straight face with arms crossed across her chest. Lauren was slightly confused because Ally was rarely upset.

"You 'requested' my presence mom?" She asked in a joking manner.

"This isn't the time for jokes Lauren, what's this I hear about you planning to tell Camila the truth?"

Of course Dinah couldn't keep her mouth shut but then again, it could've been anyone who would've told. In the mind link, your thoughts were exposed to everyone.