Chapter 24 (Last Chapter)

It was the next morning and the pack was up, ready to start the day. That either meant working in the small town or helping around the pack house. Some also kept guard on the north, east, south, and west sides of the property for extra protection. The cameras Raven had installed were helpful but could only help so much. Today also happened to be the day Alex and Tori were scheduled to do the guarding on the south end but the problem was, they were 15 minutes late. No one had realized they weren't there until their shift had already began.

"Maybe they had too much fun last night and they're exhausted." one pack member suggested with a smirk

"Wouldn't be the first time." another spoke

The two began laughing and so did the ones near them that had overheard but to Lauren, it wasn't funny. Yeah it wouldn't be the first time but something didn't feel right. She tried mind linking both of them but when she received no response after many attempts, she knew something was indeed wrong.

The alpha began to make her way back to the house and went directly to their room. Opening it, she found the t.v still on and some food wrappers on an unmade bed. They were there but clearly not anymore. Where was her brother and her sister-in-law? And how was she going to tell Camila that her best friend was missing?

But before she told Camila, she wanted to be absolutely sure that the pair were no where to be found. She didn't want to freak her mate out and then find out that they were out hunting or had gone for a run or something along those lines. As she made her way back downstairs she prayed that they were safe and not being tortured in a faraway cave just like her mate was more than a year ago.

"Lauren? I thought you would've been with the guards by now." The alpha heard once she reached the bottom.

Turning around, she sees her mate standing by the kitchen entrance with her arms folded and a small smile on her lips.

"I was but Alex and Tori were late so I came back to see if they were here." the green eyed wolf replied.

"And were they?" she begins to walk towards her mate.

The alpha didn't answer for awhile, she was debating on whether or not to tell Camila that the closest thing she had for a sister may be gone.

"Babe?..What's going on?"

Lauren still remained quiet and Camila could see that her mate was having an internal battle with herself.

"You know I don't like looking into your thoughts so do me a favor and tell me but if you don't, you'll be forcing me to."

Sighing, she began to speak, "They may be missing but don't panic, they might be out in the forest doing who knows what."

Apparently it was no use in telling her mate to not panic because the only words that she got from that entire sentence was they and missing. Camila remained still for some moments, she was feeling multiple emotions at once. Was this what Tori felt the time she was told that she was taken?

The luna came back to self and turned to Lauren, "You were planning to keep this from me?!" she was suddenly angry.

"No! Of course not, I just didn't want to tell you and not have it be true because you would've experienced unnecessary pain."

Camila's face softened a little after hearing her mate's words, Lauren always did put her feelings in front of her own.

"We have to go look for them." the luna said as she began to walk towards the front door.

"Woah, slow down there babe" Lauren said as she stopped her by grabbing onto her arm. "I know how badly you want to look but remember that you still can't shift."