Chapter 22

"Are you sure we went the right way?" Raven asked as she looked at her surroundings

Caleb growled, "Right I forgot you can't talk" she said before snapping her fingers, enabling him to speak

"No Raven I have no idea where I'm going" he said sarcastically

"Don't be giving me that tone wolfy"

If he could glare at Raven, he would.

"I mean this doesn't look right..we should stop and ask for directions"

"Of course, like no one will loose their shit if they hear a wolf speak"

The witch was about to reply when they heard a male's voice, "Ma'm, you okay there?"

On their right side appeared a man slowly walking towards them from a gas station.

"Oh yes! Totally fine"

"Are you sure? You're all alone in the forest"

"Yes, I just like taking walks but I'll head on home now"

The man seemed suspicious but ended up nodding and leaving.

The wolf started to laugh a bit and it sounded strange coming from the animal but it still managed to make Raven smile

"Walking my butt" he then spoke

"Shut up and go"

"Well we're already here"

"How'd you know?"

"The sign right there that says Welcome To Brazil" he replied in a duh tone

"Oh.."

___

Back in Oregon, the pack was going about their day. Nothing interesting happening, just their jobs inside the house or in town. They've grown used to the peace and quiet around them and so they had forgotten what drama felt like.

Lauren was in her office when she heard the doorbell ring. For normal people, that's a thing but for werewolves in a pack house, it was very odd. Everyone came in and out freely, no one ever rang the doorbell. So when the Alpha heard it, she quickly got up and went downstairs along with some of the members.

As she opened the door slowly, she came face to face with a women in a brown sheriff uniform.

"Hello sheriff, how can I help you?"

"Hi, are you the owner of this place?"

"Yes I'm Lauren Jauregui"

"Well Ms. Jaureui, I'm sure you were aware of all the murders that were committed last year"

The alpha couldn't forget those vampire murders. Her mate's parents were victims as well.

"Yes, you guys never really solved them"

"We recently found some animal footprints on your land that may give us a lead on the case but we wanted permission to examine them since it is your property"

"Oh. Of course, anything you need to do, go ahead"

The officer smiled, "Thank you for cooperating"