Chapter 15

Piercing screams traveled through the cave and out to the forest. The sound waves were almost heard a mile away, but that's not what woke up Lauren. The alpha was still sleeping and it was midday, what woke her up was the severe pain her body started to feel. With a jolt, she rides and was in a confused state but then everything came back to her in a flash. Another wave of pain traveled through her body but this time on her abdomen specifically.

She pulled her shirt up and looked down. Red long scratches were starting to form there and she wouldn't dare touch them because she knew it'd hurt like hell if she did. Her mate was being tortured and the idea of it got her riled up all over again. Changing out of her clothes from last night to sweats and a t-shirt, she quickly left her room and went downstairs.

The living room was like triage. Even though werewolves healed 10x faster than a regular human, they still needed to have the wounds treated. Some had minor cuts and bruises while some suffered major injuries. She walked around the room and took a good look at all the people that survived but then she couldn't help but wonder how many she had lost.

"Hey Sasha" she called once she saw the familiar girl

"Yes Alpha?"

"Do you know how many casualties there were?"

"36"

"36?!" Lauren shrieked, that was so many

"Yes, 18 died on the field followed by their mates" the girl explained

The alpha nodded sadly as she looked towards the floor, "Alright, thank you"

Sasha nodded respectfully and then continued treating the wounded. Once she recovered from the news, she started to search for her siblings or her mom, whomever she found first.

"Alph!" She heard Dinah call from behind her

"What? Any news on where Camila could be?" She asked immediately

"No but mom knows of a spell that could help locate her"

"Well what is she waiting for?"

"She kinda needs your blood"

Lauren nodded and followed her sister to where the witch was. Once there the alpha cut into her skin and collected her blood into a small tube that she then gave to Ally.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" The head wolf asked once she saw her mom get a map and everything else that would be needed

The witch stopped her movements then looked up at her daughter, "Child, when have I ever let you down?"

Lauren rubbed her neck, "Never" she mumbled

"That's right, now let me work my magic"

Everybody in the room stayed quiet and let Ally start on her spell. She closed her eyes than started to say unrecognizable words and two minutes in, the blood on the map started to move slowly. By the time the red liquid came to a stop, Ally was finished speaking. Lauren neared the map to get a better look which led to everyone else following.

"Looks like she's up north" the witch spoke after she read the map

"Past the border line?"