Chapter 9

"So Lauren, are we the only supernatural things around here?" Camila asked curiously as they wandered aimlessly around the forest.

Lauren smiled at the fact that she had included herself even though she had not shifted yet.

"No actually, like I mentioned before, my mom is a witch. There's also the cold ones."

"Vampires? Gross." Camila cringed and stuck her tongue out in disgust for emphasis.

"Right?" Lauren chuckled at the girl's reaction.

"Have you met one?"

"Oh yeah, four of them to be exact."

"Really? Who?"

"Unfortunately, you've talked to one before."

Camila looked towards Lauren like if she were to read her mind, "It was Shawn wasn't it?"

"Bingo."

"That explains a lot."

"Like what?"

"Like the fact that he never ate anything when he asked me to join him for lunch, he avoided any form of physical contact with me, and I also saw his eyes change color." 

"You're quite observant Camz." Lauren looked down at her with amusement.

At the same time, the wolf girl didn't even realize the new nickname for the brunette roll off her tongue. Camila however did notice and grew excited when she heard the green eyed girl say it. But since Lauren remained unfazed, Camila decided to not point anything out since it seemed like she hadn't notice.

"Yeah I think I am. So this is the border line?"

"Yup, this is it. Don't ever cross it. Also, when you've shifted, and have the urge to roam the forest, don't come alone. Always ask one of us to accompany you, preferably me."

"And why preferably you?" Camila asked with an eyebrow raised, but with a small smile on her lips.

Lauren then realized what she had said and scolded herself for saying it, "Well cause you know me better and I was just saying, but if you don't want to you can always ask Dinah or Normani o-"

The alpha was rambling and Camila was well aware of that and thought it was quite cute. She knew she wasn't going to stop so she just decided to take the opportunity and kiss her cheek, hoping she'd get a good reaction out of her.

"It's okay, I do prefer it to be you."

Lauren blushed immediately, but quickly tried to hide it by turning around. At the same time, she received a mind link from Normani telling them to head back.

"We have to go now, they want us back."

_

Camila's parents were now home from a day at work and she planned on confronting them on her adoption without giving away how she actually knew. Lauren had told her her real last name, Cabello. She was Camila Cabello, not Camila Grey. In her opinion, she liked the ring of it much better than Grey. She guessed she already knew she really wasn't a Grey all along.

"Hey honey how was school?" Her mom asked as she moved around in the kitchen.

"Normal like always, how was work?"