Chapter 3

I didn't know how long I have been walking for, it's been a few hours. My legs felt sluggish and my face felt dry and dirty from the tears and dirt that stuck from all of the times that I tripped. I looked up at the sky and it was lighter than the last time that I checked and I knew that daybreak was near. I was long gone from the Blood Moon pack, thank gosh. But I had no idea where I was now. The forest that I was walking through was barren nothing in site. No cars, building, or any type of life besides the animals that lived in the forest. I had no idea if I was on another pack's territory and since I left the Blood Moon pack that automatically made me a rogue which then made me a threat. They could kill me if they really wanted to and at this moment I didn't really care.

I continued walking for another hour or so before I could hear the rushing sound of a waterfall and a river. Even if I didn't have a wolf my sense were still more heightened than a human's. My throat felt dry like I was swallowing sand and my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. I left my feet lead me to the source of the water with the help of my hearing and in a few minutes I stood in front of the most beautiful place. It was a huge field with the greenest grass that I have ever seen. Just looking down at it made me want to lay down and sleep forever. It was surrounded by trees which made it very secluded. The pond was set off to the the right of the small dome like enclosure, and above it was a waterfall. My feet carried me closer to where the edge of the water started, when I got there I couldn't stop looking at it in wonder. It looked to clean, so inviting. Like it was a sacred place that someone as unworthy of me should not be able to even set my eyes on it. But at the moment I didn't care.

I dropped to my knees and cupped my hands together scooping up some of the cool water and drinking from it quickly, as if my life depended on it. After a few more drinking I threw the water on the face and neck trying to get the dirt and the tears off. Once I was satisfied with that I continued to drink until I felt a growl from behind me. My body instantly when rigid. I didn't turn around and the growling came from behind me again. Shit! I knew I was in another pack's territory. Jumping to my feet I quickly turned around my heart thumping wildly in my chest. I came face to face with five over sized wolves. The light brown one stood in front of the others and was way bigger, which meant he was the Alpha. To his right was a smaller but still huge red wolf who I guessed was his Beta, the other person on his left was about the size of the other too which meant that he was the Theta and the others were pack warriors. The Alpha growled one last time and a whimper left my throat. I squeezed my eyes shut and tilted my head to the side as a sign of submission. I got on my knees in front of him and tried to keep my body still but I was shaking too much. The Alpha gave a huff of approval and then I heard the cracking of bones which meant that he was changing to his human form.

"Who are you and what are you doing on my land pup?" I kept my eyes shut in fear of being disrespectful. My body continued to shake as I tired to think of a good excuse as to why I was on their land.

"I-I was j-just passing thro-through. Please don't kill me!" I rushed the end out taking a step back and accidentally stepping into the pond of the lake. My shoe and pant leg immediately soaking through. The Alpha sent me a glare which I returned with a crooked half smile half wince as I took a quick step forward.

"You were just passing through? Didn't your pack give you a map around the other pack territories?" The Alpha snapped and me. I quickly shook my head.

"No, no. Nothing like that. Never that." I gulped my body begging for me to flee and never return.

"Or are you a rogue?" The Alpha said with a dark tone. Hmm lie and get killed, tell the truth and get killed. Fuck it, I'm screwed either way.

"Yeah, I guess I'm a rogue-" I started but was cut off my the Beta letting out a roar and taking and menacing step towards me.

"Woah, woah, calm down there please and let me explain. I... I am running away from my pack. I just can't be there anymore." Tears filled my eyes again and I cursed myself for being such a whimp.