Chapter Seven

“Gaberiel? Your shifted ended a half hour ago, what are you still doing here?” Marice called from somewhere in the back of diner. I looked up from the table that I was wiping off watching the muscles that I gained over the past two years from under the uniform that I was wearing.

“Just killing time, love. John isn’t here so I’m just helping out until he gets here.” To be honest John has been outside since three o’clock which was when my shift ended. Tomorrow was going to by my 18th birthday and they wanted me to get a haircut. Michael was complaining about how much I looked like a girl.

I ran my finger through my hair but only to my shoulders, the entire length of my hair fell just shy of my butt. Different shade of blonde and brown falling in slight curls down my back. To be honest I didn’t really want to cut my hair. About a year about once I started training with my new pack daily I hit a growth spurt and shot up from my 5’5 height and hit the the 6’5 mark. I was taller than Michael at this point, much to his disappointment. I also filled out quite nicely. When I was in the Bloodmoon pack I was barely fed so I pretty small, about a 110 pounds. But John, Adam, Ana and Michael helped me out with all of that. They made me eat at every meal sometimes even more than what the other pack members were eating.

The first couple of weeks I was pretty sick from the change in sleep, eating and environment. I now weighed about 225 pounds and for all of my muscle and my height that’s pretty good. All of those hours that I spent in the gym and running have actually paid off. I was now the fastest and the strongest in the pack. My strength was actually equal to Michaels. Which doesn’t make sense. I was never part of Alpha blood. The whore who gave birth to me was a pack doctor and even though my sperm donor is the pack commander which puts him just under Theta doesn’t make his strength anywhere close to that of an Alpha’s. A honking sound blasted me out of my thoughts and I looked to the door to see John’s black Impala waiting for me. I walked to the back of the diner and slipped off my apron before hanging it up in my locker. I tossed the rag into the dirty rag bucket and walked over to Marcie.

“I’m leaving now.” I informed her. She looked up from washing the dishes and sent me a smile. Her black and gray hair pulled up in a bun. Her warm brown eyes crinkling at the sides as she looked at me. Wiping her hands on her apron she pulled me down for a hug making me have to bend my knees and my waist.

“Happy birthday love, you make this shop run so smoothly. I was so happy when Adam introduced you to me, I also knew that you would grow up to be a fine young man. Now go and enjoy your 18th, don’t so anything I wouldn’t do. And for the love of the Goddess go cut your hair!” She sent me a wink before turning back to the dishes. I let out a small chuckle.

“By Marcie, see you on Friday.” I sent her a small wave and walked out from the back of the dinner into the main area and out the doors. I opened the passenger side door and slipped into the car. I leaned back into the seat to get comfortable and slipped on the seat belt. When I looked over at John I saw him glaring at me.

“What’s wrong with you? “ I asked meeting his glare head on.

“Because of you dip shit we now only have ten minutes to get to your fucking hair appointment. I swear to gosh if we have to wait an extra thirty or so minutes so that we can get your haircut I’m going to beat your ass. I could be spending that time with my mate and my daughter you jackass.” That’s right, mister tall, dark and handsome here had a daughter five months after we met on June 26. She’s a cute little thing. She has her mother’s smile and John’s eyes. Her name is Anabelle. She had a smile that could light up the world and a laugh and makes you want to cry out in joy.

I was personally shocked when John asked for me to the Godfather. I know that we hit it off really well and became best friends but the fact that he trusted me enough to be apart of his family was just amazing. I definitely accepted and the first time that I held her in my arms I can say that she stole my heart and I would do anything to protected her. I gave him a shrug and leaned the seat back.