Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Gabriel’s POV

Lightening lit up the dark sky in splashes of zig zag white stripes. The sound of my paws hitting the newly fallen snow mixed in the with booming sound of thunder. My shoulders were hunched and my ears erect as I searched for my destination.

“Gabriel!” The piercing scream came from my left. My right hip hitting a tree from the force of my turn, like an out of control car. The landscape around me looked vaguely familiar. I've been here before.

“Gabriel!” The voice was full of desperation, fear and pain. The smell of blood filled the night air and it got stronger the more I went on. My body was shaking and it wasn't from the cold. I could feel fear creeping up my spine. I narrowed my eyes to be able to see past the bitter storm as snowflakes danced all around me in a violent matter. I was reaching the edge of the forest, a bright artificial light created a glowing scene. I pushed my body out from the remaining shrubs. I moved my head around the back entrance of the Blood Moon’s house before my eyes focused on the scene in front of me on the steps.

James was on his knees, hands tied behind his back. His face was beaten badly, with a cut going across his left cheek, one eyes bruised completely shut while the other was getting there. The right side of his lip was busted and his right cheek was an ugly purple and yellow color.He was stripped of almost all of his clothing, leaving only his underwear on. His body shook violently, from the cold I was assuming.

My eyes traveled up his body again starting from his knees. I took in his bruised and battered torso before my eyes locked on the knife that was against his throat. I felt my pulse quicken and narrowed my eyes before looking at the bitch who dared to threaten my mate's life with a knife.

Madeline grinned at me sadistically. Her grip on the knife tightened and she pushed the knife closer against James flesh, causing him to flinch.

“Hello son of  Nissia. Fancy meeting you here.” She let out a laugh. I sent her a warning growl.

“I'm guessing you're confused, yes? On as to why I have your mate, my husband on his knees, practically naked in front of me? It's not because he's eating my pussy, either. We did enough of that before you showed up.” She sent me a wink and I held back the snarl that threatened to escape my throat.

“You know, I'm amazed. It seems that I've chosen the wrong fake mate. I should have been courting you the entire time and not James. I could have been Luna of all of the packs and not just this pathetic one.” She kicked James as she said it and I took a threatening step towards her.” She yanked James hair, pulling his head back more and tisked at me.

“Ah, ah, ah, little prince. Watch yourself. I have no problem slitting his useless throat. The only reason he's not dead yet it because I need leverage over you. Now to get down to business

I need something from you. Something only you can give to me.” I narrowed my eyes at her and gave a small nod for her to continue. She sent me another wicked grin.

“I need…” When she began to speak her voice was drowned out by the thunder that shook the ground. I tried to focus in her words but they were lost in the noise. Her lips moved and her face expressions changes. Her eyes getting wider as time went on.

“Do you agree, my prince?” Her demand ended. I looked towards James for anything that could give me a clue on as to what she asked. His face was paler than what it was before. His eyes as wide a saucers. He lightly shook his head and I tossed him a confused look.

“No? Hm, alright then. Pity. I was hoping to not have to get my hands dirtier than they already were but you leave me no choice.” I snapped my eyes back to her just in time to see her drag the knife across James neck. He let out a small squeak as blood began to pour out if his neck. I stood frozen in my spot staring him in the eyes as the life drained out of them. Low gurgling sounds came from him and blood slipped past his lips. The dark chocolate of his eyes turned dull as his soul left his body, his body going limp. Madeline's hold on his hair being the only thing keeping his dead body up.