Chapter 39

*Emily's POV*

I woke up at a knock at the door. It's 12:39am.

Who the hell could it be?

I tiredly got out of bed and make my ways towards the front door.

I look through the peep hole and quickly unlock the door and open it to be face to face with Autumn.

Tears streaming down her face. She looks tired and worn out.

I look at her fragile body standing before me. I notice a blood stain on her wrist.

I quickly pull her into my flat and close the door, locking it.

"What happened baby?" I ask her.

She doesn't respond. She only continues to face the floor, cheeks wet from tears. Eyes blood shot.

I don't think she's slept in a while.

"Babe?" I say.

Nothing.

I take her hand and pull up her sleeve, revealing a deep red gash across her wrist. Still bleeding slightly.

I pull back her sleeve further and notice there are more cuts, but only minor.

I gasp and frown. I also notice that there are previous cuts starting to heal.

A lot of them. She has been cutting before this. How long as this been going on?

I still thought she was clean from when she got released from treatment. Oh Autumn..

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to keep myself together.

I guide her to the couch and she sits down, still in her own little world.

I go to the bathroom and grab the first-aid kit.

I go back to the living room and go to her. I start to clean and bandage her cuts. Both of us remaining silent.

Once I'm done, I put the first-aid kit aside and sit next to her.

"Autumn, please say something." I say with worriness in my voice.

She still says nothing, only staring off into space.

I'm really concerend now. What could have happened for her to be this traumatized?

I need to get to the bottom of this.

I take her hand and we go into my room. I tuck her in next to me on my bed.

We both fall asleep.

----

It's the morning and I'm hoping Autumn will talk to me now.

"Autumn?" I ask her. She's just sitting on my bed. She looks at me.

"Will you please tell me what happened?"

She frowns.

I sigh. "I know I'm not Rachel or Lexi and I don't understand everything but I do know how some of it feels and I will listen to you. I would never judge you. I just wish I could have been your friend sooner instead of my mum controlling me."

"S'okay." She mumbled. "Not your fault."

She finally spoke. I was getting somewhere at least.

"Baby," I sighed. "Please." I begged.

"I-I.."

"It's okay." I put my hand on her leg.

"Zach proposed."