New Neighbors

The sound of a doorbell going off echoed through the partially empty rooms of the small two story house and caused two of the five occupants to look up in shock and turn to face the front door. They both stood there for a few seconds before Mr. Kim seemed to shake himself from his stupor and hurried over to the door opening it to reveal a group of three people standing on the doorstep. There was a man who looked to be in his mid to late 20s, a woman, presumably his wife, who looked to be about the same age and a little boy who looked to be no more than 4. They introduced themselves as the Jeon's and explained that they had noticed the moving vans the morning before and had come over with rice cakes to welcome the new neighbours to the lane. The Kim's invited them in and no more than ten minutes later the four adults were sitting around the kitchen table (one of the only bits of furniture that had been in the house when they arrived) drinking tea and swapping stories about their children. While the adults were talking, said children were off playing, well two of them were playing, the Kim's oldest son ten-year-old Baekhyun was in his room reading and their only daughter thirteen-year-old Sooyoung was in her room finishing unpacking so only the Kim's youngest child six-year-old Taehyung and the Jeon's son Jungkook were actually playing. The two hit it off straight away both happy to have someone to play with, Taehyung's sibling were "too old to play those games", Jungkook didn't have any siblings and the only other kids down the lane were the Park brothers but Chanyeol was Baekhyuns age and his younger brother Jimin although he was six seemed to be obsessed with Jungkook and wouldn't stop following him around so Jungkook avoided him.

The boys played random games that they made up and explored the house together and when, after three hours of playing, Jungkook got sleepy Taehyung sat down on his bed (it was really just a mattress on the floor with a sleeping bag on it) and let Jungkook curl up on his lap like a cat. They both fell asleep quickly and that was how their parents found them when it was time for the Jeon's to leave. The adults all awed at how cute the boys looked curled up together on the mattress and Mrs. Kim grabbed her camera to take some photos. She got three photos before the sound of the shutter woke Taehyung and the young boy looked up at them with a stern face and lifted a finger to his lips to tell them to keep quiet so they didn't wake Jungkook. Mrs. Kim explained (quietly) that it was time for Jungkook to go but he could maybe come over the next day if he wanted, and Taehyung nodded and let Mrs. Jeon gently lift her sleeping son into her arms and then they left with housed goodbyes and Taehyung spent the rest of the day talking about Jungkook.

11 years later

"Kookie, wake up, you'll be late for school"

15-year-old Jungkook groaned and tried to roll over only to feel a weight on him chest effectively stopping him.

"Come on Kookie, do you wanna be late for school?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook groaned again in reply and Taehyung giggled as the younger boy's nose scrunched up in annoyance. He leaned down and pecked the tip of it causing it to scrunch up even more. Jungkook slowly blinked his eyes open and gave Taehyung an annoyed look.

"What are you doing here?" He asked tiredly. (He was acting as though this didn't happen almost every morning)

"I'm being a good boyfriend and making sure you're not late to school" was Taehyung's reply.

No matter how many times he heard Taehyung say it Jungkook always smiled and blushed Taehyung called himself Jungkook's boyfriend (and it happened quite a lot as they had been dating for nearly four months now and the older boy liked to tell everyone he meets that Jungkook was his boyfriend)

"Now get up and clean your teeth so I can give a proper kiss" Taehyung ordered rolling off of Jungkook.

The younger obeyed his orders (complaining the whole time about how it was way too early to be awake) getting up and going into the bathroom to clean his teeth and wash his face before coming back out and promptly walking over to his bed and flopping down onto it curling up into Taehyung's side. The older boy couldn't help but smile at his cute boyfriend and reached down to run his fingers though the boy's soft black hair.  Jungkook almost purred at the feeling and cuddled even further into Taehyung's side.

Both boys soon fell asleep (despite the fact that Taehyung had originally been trying to wake Jungkook up) and that was how Jungkook mother found them ten minutes later when she went to see if Taehyung had succeeded in waking up her son. She awed at how cute they were and quickly pulled out her phone. She took three photos before walking over and gently shaking the boys awake explaining in a quiet voice that the really had to wake up or they would be late.

Twenty minutes later both boys were up and walking to school with their best friend Jimin. The small boy was practically glowing with happiness because just yesterday he had been asked out by Min Yoongi who just so as happened to be the boy he had like for years after he got over his crush on Jungkook. He was also happy because his older brother had proposed to his boyfriend Baekhyun yesterday as it was their third year anniversary.

Later that day Mrs. Kim got a text message from Mrs. Jeon. She unlocked her phone and let out an aww at that photo that her friend had sent. It was a photo of their sons curled up on Jungkook's bed fast asleep.