Do Me The Honor?

To say that Jungkook was nervous would be like saying that Mother Teresa was sort of a nice lady or that Hitler was kind of a bad dude, basically, it would be a major understatement, he was practically shaking with anxiety but at the same time, he was also extremely excited. Bighit had recently lifted the dating clause that had been hovering over the boys heads since they debuted, they were also letting Taehyung and Jungkook come out, in whatever way they wanted so they had decided to come out at a concert and it just so happened to be the night of said concert. So Jungkook's nerves were definitely understandable. He was currently reading his script for the seventh time hoping he wouldn't forget what he was supposed to say during the concert due to nerves about what was going to happen at the end. Taehyung - seemingly sensing his boyfriend's anxiety - wandered over and wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist resting his head on the younger's shoulder.

"You okay Kookie?" He asked gently.

Jungkook leaned back into Taehyung's chest with a (slightly shaky) sigh.

"Just a bit nervous" he breathed out "what if they hate us?"

Taehyung tightened his arms around his boyfriend's waist.

"They won't Kookie," he said reassuringly "a lot of them have guessed that we're together anyway if anything they'll be happy"

Jungkook relaxed slightly at that and turned around in Taehyung's grip to give him a smile and a quick peck on the nose. Taehyung scrunched his nose up as Jungkook kissed it and the younger giggled at the sight.

"Five minutes!" Someone yelled out and the boys parted albeit rather reluctantly to get last minutes hair and makeup fixes and then all the boys of BTS were rushing up and onto the stage.

The concert went smoothly no one forgot any moves or lines and the fans loved every minute. They about ten minutes left on stage when Jungkook felt Taehyung come up beside him. The older boy gave him a quick questioning look as though asking whether he wanted to go through with it and Jungkook replied with a small nod.

"Have you all enjoyed yourselves?" Taehyung called out and the fans screamed in response.

"Well sadly the concert is nearly over" cue fans awwing in sadness "but before we go there is something we want to announce"

There was a silence followed by hushed whispers rushing through the crowd as people tried to figure out what was going on.

"Some of you might not know but recently the dating clause we had on us was lifted" Taehyung began "and so today I am proud to announce that I am in a relationship" the fans went crazy at that.

"Now before I tell you who it is I want to tell you that I love this person very much, they make me a better person every day, they help when I feel like I can't go on and they are always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on. We've been together for two and a half years now and they've been the best two and a half years of my life."

Jungkook could feel tears pricking at his eyes but he held them in so as not to give anything away.

"And today" Taehyung continued "is a very special because today is the day that I'm going to this very special person a very special question"

Taehyung turned to face Jungkook and the younger boy let out a gasp as he got down on one knee.

"I've wanted to ask you this question for so long but it never seemed like the right time. But now I feel like it's the right time. So here goes nothing. Jeon Jungkook you are the most amazing person I've ever know, you always try your hardest no matter what you are doing, whether it's performing on stage or entertaining ARMYs with some stupid dance. And these past two and a half years you've made extremely happy so, Jeon Jungkook will you continue to make happy for the rest of our lives and do me the honor of marrying me?"

Jungkook was full on sobbing by now with his hands covering his mouth and a massive smile on his face. He turned his head slightly to look out at the crowd and then turned back to Taehyung. The older boy was looking at him with a mixture of happiness, nervousness and hope flitting around in his eyes and Jungkook wasted no time in launching himself at his boyfriend and knocked him to the ground in a tight hug. Taehyung chuckled and wrapped his arms around Jungkook equally as tightly.

"I'll take that as a yes" he murmured into Jungkook's ear and the younger boy smiled and nodded.

"Definitely a yes" he mumbled back before finally letting go of Taehyung and standing up lending him a hand.

Once they were both standing Taehyung seemed to remember something and let go of Jungkook hand to fish around in his pocket. Jungkook stared at him in confusion until Taehyung pulled out a ring. It was a simple gold band with a small diamond inlaid in it and Jungkook loved from the first moment he laid eyes on it. Taehyung gestured for Jungkook to hold out his hand and when he did the older boy gently pushed the ring onto his ring finger.

"It fits," he said with a grin.

Jungkook laughed and they both turned to face the crowd. The fans seemed to be in shock and it was only after Jungkook raised his hand to show off his ring that they seemed to unfreeze. The noise was deafening, screaming, cheering, crying and shouts of congratulations were the only things to be heard. Then suddenly the rest of the members were on them and there was a lot of hugging and congratulating and Hoseok was crying slightly out of happiness for the two and Jin was full on sobbing like a proud mother and hugging both boys tightly.

It was it only later that night when the newly engaged couple were curled up in bed that it finally seemed to register in Jungkook mind that "oh my god I'm engaged, Taehyung proposed, in front of thousands of people no less" and Taehyung just smiled and held his fiancé even tighter pressing a kiss to his shoulder and telling him to get some sleep

(By the way this is set in a sort of different dimension thing where being gay in Korea is okay or at least most people accept it and the reason Jungkook was scared of the fans hating them is because some fans get angry/jealous when idols announce that they are dating someone because it ruins their dream of being with their bias)