Stars

Taehyung loved stars. He loved to just lie on the ground and watch the stars twinkling in the sky. He could lie there for hours on a clear night just staring at the bright pinpricks of light, tracing the outlines of constellations and occasionally he would fall asleep out there, lying on the grass, and would wake up with a kink in his neck and a sore throat.

Taehyung didn't know why he liked stars so much, he'd thought about it a lot but he couldn't quite put his finger on why, he just loved to watch them. They fascinated him, the way they looked so small but in reality some of them were the size of planets. He was intrigued by the way they  seemed to wink in and out of existence even though, he knew, they never actually went anywhere. He was enthralled by how beautiful they were even though they were just balls of gases and things in space.

Jungkook was the only person who understood Taehyung's love of stars, he was also the only person who could divert Taehyung's attention away from the twinkling balls of light and get him to come inside and eat. He never got irritated when Taehyung forgot about eating dinner in favour of lying on the grass and staring at the sky (though that could be because he was normally lying next to Taehyung watching the stars with him) and he never tried to stop Taehyung from spouting fountains of random things to do with stars (though that could be because he found what Taehyung was saying to be extremely interesting and if he was being honest he thought the older boy looked almost angelic when he got carried away, his eyes lighting up and a smile spreading across his face).

Taehyung loved stars but he loved Jungkook more. He could spend hours just watching Jungkook, not watching him do anything really just, watching him. He found that the younger boy fascinated him even more than stars. He was intriguing and in Taehyung's eyes absolutely beautiful, more beautiful than even the stars that he loves so much.