Crying

Jungkook hated crying. He hated the way his throat tightened and he struggled to breathe. He hated the way his vision blurred and his eyes stung. He hated the way his voice sounded all choked and broken. But most of all he hated the feeling of weakness that always came with crying. The feeling of helplessness that washed over him like a wave when he was unable to stop the tears.

Jungkook hated crying and yet here he was curled around himself on his bed struggling to keep quiet as sobs wracked his body and tears soaked his pillow. He hated this. The way he was having trouble breathing past the lump in his throat. The way that he knew that if he tried to open his eyes everything would be blurry and distorted. The way that he knew if he tried to speak his voice would crack. The feeling of weakness that smothered him as soon as the first tear slipped down his cheek. The feeling of helplessness that enveloped him when he realized he couldn't stop the tears. He hated this.

And then suddenly there was a dip in the bed springs as someone sat down next to him and then there was a hand on his back rubbing soothing circles over his sore muscles. He found that he liked this. He liked the way the lump in his throat started to disappear as the hand on his back kept rubbing soothing circles. The way that knew that if he opened his eyes now it wouldn't be so blurry. The way that he knew if he tried to speak his voice might not crack. The feeling of strength that replaced the weakness. The way the feeling of helplessness disappeared to be replaced with a feeling of, happiness? No, not happiness, it was more the feeling of being wanted, the feeling of being loved.

Jungkook hated crying. But he quite liked the way Taehyung looked after him when he did, with soft kisses and reassuring touches. It made him feel strong and wanted.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know what this is and I apologize if it sucks