Chapter 5 - Be Your Best Friend

Disclaimer - I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters that are supposed to be dead, alive in this book and this takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Baby Mama Drama

Chapter 5 - Be Your Best Friend

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankrolls smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

-Anonymous

"Hey, Black?" Draco panted. Normally he'd take the stairs two at a time and not even be winded, but those Muggle stairs were unnaturally steep, and Harry was still on his hip. Small as the child was, he was still dead weight to carry, even if it wasn't very uncomfortable. A very quiet piece of dead weight, however. The boy hadn't said anything in a while, just rested his head on Draco's shoulder with his thumb in his mouth as he took in his surroundings. 

"Hmmm?" Sirius waited patiently on the landing above Draco, and leaned over the rail to gaze down at his younger cousin. 

"Have you...ever seen Harry's back?" Draco asked cautiously. If the answer was no, it was impossible to tell how the ex-convict would react. 

"No." Sirius narrowed his eyes. "I take it I'm going to find out why?"

Draco reached the landing and set Harry down on his feet Harry looked down, finding the floor very intriguing, a frown marking his brow. 

"Harry?" Draco asked carefully. "Can I show your Godfather what I asked you about this morning?"

Harry's lower lip began to tremble.

"Nothing bad's going to happen." Draco promised "I just want to show him is all." 

Still refusing to look up, Harry nodded slowly, before turning to show his back to Sirius. Draco gingerly lifted the shirt up a few inches, revealing the bottom of the scars. Sirius hissed dangerously, his black eyes darkened further with fury. 

"Dursley?" he spat, not trusting himself to be careful enough to actually touch the swollen marks. 

"That would be my guess." Draco brought the shirt back down and Harry fled into his chest. Draco gathered him up again, sighing as Harry buried his face into the blonde's neck. "I figured it'd be best if you didn't find out while he was changing or something."

"Smart move." Sirius muttered. He released his grip from the rail, not noticing the small dents he left behind. "So what's the plan for Dursley?"

"What makes you think I have a plan?" Draco's sliver eyes glinted dangerously, though his tone was flippant. 

"I grew up in a house of Slytherins," was Sirius's answer. "I'll repeat - what's that plan? I want in."

Draco smirked maliciously, then began filling Sirius in on what he and his friends had come up with so far. 

Much American Muggle money, ten bags, and nearly twelve hours later, Draco collapsed onto the couch in the hotel room Sirius had reserved for the weekend. It was a pretty fancy hotel- the rooms came equipped with a master bedroom with a king-sized bed, a smaller bedroom with two twin beds, a small living room, and a full kitchen and bathroom - and Draco couldn't wait to take a bubble bath in the Jacuzzi- tub after a very long night's sleep. 

"Dwaco wake up!" Harry bounced onto the couch next to Draco, sitting on his knees next to Draco's head. "Wake up an' play with me!"

"Go away you stubborn, annoying, loud, little bite-sized Potter." Draco groaned.