Chapter 18 - Back to Normal

Disclaimer -  I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters in it dead, alive and also this takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Chapter 18 - Back to Normal 

A baby is an angel whose wings decrease while his legs increase.

- Anonymous

The final weeks passed by so quickly that when Draco woke up that fateful Sunday morning, he thought it was still the week beforehand. Groaning, he rolled over and cast a Tempus charm. It showed 8:19 A.M... What ungodly force had caused him to wake up so bloody early on a Sunday?

The loud pounding on his door probably had something to do with it. 

"Draaaaaaaay-co, make 'em go 'waaaaay..." Harry mumbled, burrowing further underneath the covers. 

Draco smiled with pride. Four months of living with him and Draco had beat the morning person right out of the young raven. 

And they said it couldn't be done. 

"Draco, open the door!" Pansy shouted. 

"Go away!" Draco shouted back. He crawled under the covers as well and ended up next to Harry. Harry pressed their foreheads together and looked at Draco with crossed eyes as he tried to wake up and focus. Harry giggled as Draco crossed his eyes as well, scrunching his nose. Draco laughed and nearly jumped out of bed when Harry licked his nose like a small puppy.

"Should we get up?" Draco whispered as he settled back under the sheets, not wanting to break the morning bliss that seemed to be on Harry like a calming spell. It was contagious and Draco wished he had woken up like this more often on the weekends he had shared with the small boy. 

Harry shook his head and covered his mouth as he tried to stifle his giggles. "No!" 

"Okay. Lie very still and maybe the Wicked Witch of the East will go away." Draco made sure the sheets covered both boys completely. Harry curled into a small ball against Draco's chest and grew very still, save for the few giggles that he failed to stifle. 

The pounding on Draco's door stopped and Draco sighed in relief. "See? She went away. Now we can go back to -"

BANG!

Draco's door swung wide open and crashed into the opposing wall. Harry's eyes widened and he burst into a renewed fit of giggles. Their blanket was ripped rather rudely from the grasps, and the two former enemies were exposed to an amused Blaise and an irritated Pansy. 

"Draco Malfoy, you are such a pain in the you-know-what!" Pansy huffed. She had taken to not cursing in front of Harry after he dropped an f-bomb, claiming to have heard it form pansy when she was talking to Daphne. 

Draco glared at her good-naturally and hugged his pillow to his chest. "Go 'way, I wanna sleep." 

"Me too." Harry glared just as effectively as Draco at the two Slytherins and then buried his face in Draco's pillow. Draco wondered briefly if the boy could breathe, but quickly shrugged the thought away. If Harry needed to breathe, he wasn't stupid enough to suffocate himself with a pillow. 

"Don't you know what day it is?" Pansy asked incredulously. 

"Sunday?" Draco shrugged and eyes, nestling into his pillow. "Which means I can sleep for once, especially since exams are over -"

"And graduation is next week." Pansy said carefully. She was treading on thin ice - Draco wasn't exactly coherent in the mornings and it sometimes took him a while to understand some things.