Chapter 14 - Goddess of Discord

Disclaimer - I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters in it that are supposed to be dead, alive and this takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Chapter 14 - Goddess of Discord

What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.

- Benjamin Spock

July thirty-first, that's when Granger said Harry's birthday was. Unfortunately, by the time Harry's birthday came around, he'd be back to his normal age. He wouldn't want to be anywhere near Draco. 

Which is why Draco had left Harry with Pansy and Hermione in Honeydukes. He hurried down the street and ducked into a small store at the end of an unused alley. A small bell jingled as he opened the door. 

"Hello?" he called, wrinkling his nose at the smell. The incense that burned in jars on the shelves that lined the shop didn't help to cover the underlying odor.

"Hello, child." An old woman draped in colorful scarves and large glass beads walked in through a doorway covered in beaded strands. "How may I be of assistance?"

"You may be able to help me," Draco said smoothly. He gestured to what lay on the counter, stretched out in the dim smokey light. "Do you have a white one?"

When he caught back up with Pansy and Hermione, he had a small bulge in his robes pocket. Pansy eyed it suspiciously but. otherwise said nothing. Her pureblood training if nothing else, made her hold her tongue about it might be.

For now.

"Where's Harry?" Draco asked causally.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Where else?" She pointed to the store ahead of them. Blaise, Ron and Harry stood with their noses almost pressed against the glass "I think there's a new broom out or something. I don't know, I zoned out."

"The Starshot?" Draco's eyes widened and he itched to go and join the boys. The Starshot was just as perfect as the Firebolt - only better.

Pansy snorted. "Boys" she muttered. Hermione nodded in agreement. 

"Qudditch and sex, that's all they think about."

"I resent that." Draco said pointedly staring at Pansy's chest. She smacked him in the arm rather roughly. 

"Pig" she said causally.

"That hurt." Draco scowled, rubbing his arm.

"Oh suck it up," Hermione smirked. "You are a man, aren't you?"

Draco ignored her. He shoved two fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly, grabbing Blaise's attention rather rudely. He motioned for the boys to come back over. Blaise scowled, took one last, lingering look at the broom and dragged a very unwilling Harry and Ron back to Draco and the girls.

"But it's so pretty!" Ron cried "Zabini let go!"

"I can't even afford that, what makes you think you can?" Blaise snapped

"I just want to look!"

"Me too!" Harry piped up. He turned to Draco. "Can I go look? Please, Draco? It's so cool!"

"Sorry shorty. Maybe later."

Draco tore his own eyes away from the gleaming broom. "I have something for you."

Harry immediately let go of Blaise's belt loop (Harry was required to hold onto someone while in Hogsmead ever since he found his way into the Shrieking Shack and since he still refused to hold anyone's hand but Draco's. He had taken to latching onto belt loops) and nearly ran into Draco's legs. "What is it?" he asked eagerly, wrapping his arms around Draco's hips. He looked up, eyes shining brightly behind his glasses.