Chapter 7 - So the War Begins

Disclaimer - I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters that are supposed to be dead, alive in this book and this takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Baby Mama Drama

Chapter 7 - So the War Begins

Babies are always more trouble than you thought - and more wonderful. 

-Charles Osgood

Contrary to what Draco thought, they flew home the next day without a hitch. Sirius apparated them to Hogsmeade and promised to visit as often as possible. Harry's clothes were already taken to the castle, and McGonagall met them at the Three Broomsticks to escort them back to the castle. Draco found that carrying Harry on his back was easier, and much more comfortable, than struggling to hold him on his hip - something Black surely knew and must have deliberately withheld, arrogant bastard he was and Harry was happy enough keeping his head next to Draco's seeing everything from the blonde's height. 

"Dinner is in an hour." McGonagall said briskly. "The entire school, naturally, has been buzzing with the news of what has happened and yes, they are aware that you are taking care of Harry, Mr. Malfoy. I assure Miss Granger and Mr. Weasley that they could see Harry before dinner. They will meet us in the castle and do try not to start a fight, they are rather concerned about Harry."

Draco groaned. "I just want to take a nap. Can't they take him until after dinner?"

Harry's arms tightened around his neck. McGonagall noticed and looked at Draco knowingly over the top of her glasses. 

"I think that's your answer." she replied a touch of amusement coloring her tone. 

Draco grunted and trudged up the stairs behind the Transfiguration teacher. Harry rested his chin on Draco's shoulder, looking around warily. The castle was intimidating, but so long as he had Draco with him, Harry found he didn't mind it so much. 

"Harry!" 

Granger and Weasley stood by the doors and once Granger saw Harry, she ran over. McGonagall nodded to Weasley before striding into the castle, leaving Draco alone with the Gryffindors and their little Golden Boy.

"Oh, Harry, we all missed you so much!" she gushed. After a minutes hesitation she added grudgingly "You might want to watch out Malfoy. Dean and Seamus are getting advice from George on how to get back at you."

"Fan bloody tastic." Draco muttered remembering exactly what had happened last time one of the Weasley twins had gotten back at someone. 

"Hey, mate." Weasley greeted Harry, smiling at him. Harry, in turn, narrowed his eyes at the redhead. 

"Be nice" Draco said to Harry. "Or I'll drop you." 

Eyes still narrowed, Harry humph-ed. "Don' wanna."

Draco let him slide a few inches down his back. Harry squeaked. "I'll be nice! Don' dwop me!" 

Satisfied, Draco caught him and hefted the raven back up to eye-level with the rest of the teens. 

"Why don't you like me?" Weasley asked, the hurt obvious in his voice. 

"You hit Dwaco." Harry said stubbornly. "An' I don' like bullies."

"B-bullies?" Weasley spluttered. "Are you kidding? He's the bully, not me!" 

Draco narrowed his eyes. "I don't recall every laying a hand on you, Weasel."