Chapter 22 - All Things Shall Come to an End, To Begin Again

Disclaimer - I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters who have died, alive and this also takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Chapter 22 - All Things Shall Come to an End, To Begin Again

Inside every adult is a young child wondering what the hell happened. 

- Anonymous

"Goddammit, Harry, get your cat out of my trunk!" Ron roared, throwing a pillow at the small cat.

"Oi! Be nice to her!" Harry scooped Eris up onto the safety of his arms. She yowled at Ron, and snuggled into the crook of Harry's arms. "You're not a cat person, are you? First Crookshanks, who was only trying to save us and now my poor defenseless kitten! You're horrible! What have cats ever done to you?"

Ron scowled at the cat. "She's evil."

"No, she's chaos." Harry said succinctly, stroking Eris' soft fur.

Ron shook his head as he tried to fit the last of his robes into his trunk. "You never used to be this sarcastic. The Ferret's rubbing off on you, mate." he warned. 

"Don't you mean rubbing me off?"

Hermione, who had just walked into the boy's dormitories, rolled her eyes as Ron yelped and tried to cover his ears too late. "Way to be mature, Harry." 

"He started it." Harry looked around the room. Seamus, Dean, and Neville had already packed and left. They were busy saying good-bye to everyone down in the common room. "I think I'm done. I haven't left anything I care about, anyway."

"Can you believe it?" Hermione said almost dreamily. "We've finally graduated! We're done." She smiled, giggling like a little girl. "I can't believe we actually made it."

Ron nodded in agreement. "Who'd have thought, huh? I didn't think I'd be graduating. At least not with you two."

"I think this year as out most life-changing, including Horcrux hunting." Harry said, shaking his head as he laughed. "If anyone had told me that this is how our eighth year would end, I think I'd've hit them rather hard."

"Same." Ron finally managed to close his overstuffed trunk. "HAH!" He pumped his fist in the air victoriously. 

"We don't want to miss the train," Hermione said, grabbing Ron's forgotten sweater from off his bed. "Let's go, shall we?"

"You know, it's odd." Harry deposited a startled Eris on top of his trunk and slung an arm around either of his best friends. 

"We're about to really begin our lives, yet I don't think I've ever been calmer."

Ron grinned. "I know the feeling, mate. After Basilisks and Dementors and Dark Lords and Ferret babysitters, becoming a real adult doesn't seem as scary as it did when I was a mere first year."

"A mere first year? That wasn't even ten years ago, Ron. But you're right, this seems easy." Hermione laughed and hugged the two men tightly. "Watch us find a way to make this difficult."

"None of us can live without a challenge." Harry declared. "But whatever we go through -"

"We go through together." Ron and Hermione finished the oath the three had taken several years before. Grinning like and ecstatic as, little kids, the Golden Trio talked excitedly about what their lives would be like, ready to start from a new beginning.

"Sonofabitch - BLAISE!" Draco shouted, scaring a third-year out of her wits. "Where the fuck is my book, you bloody wanker?"

"Why would I know?" Blaise yelled back from the top of the stairs in a sing-song voice. Bastard. He knew where the book was.