Chapter 8 - Go Suck a Chipmunk

Disclaimer -  I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters that are supposed to be dead, alive in this book and this takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Baby Mama Drama 

Chapter 8 - Go Suck a Chipmunk

Children are a handful sometimes, A heartfull all the time...

-Author Unknown

Draco woke up with Harry curled up against him like a cat, using the blonde's stomach as a pillow as usual. Sighing, Draco untangled himself from the boy's grip and climbed out of bed. It had been a week since The Incident and the school had finally gotten used to seeing a young Harry following Draco around like a puppy. Harry's relationship with Hermione Granger, and a few other Gryffindors, had improved, especially when Granger found out he loved to read and began sharing new stories with him, but he still lashed out at Weasel, much to Draco's amusement. 

The students had quickly given up trying to hex Draco in the halls between classes when one of Ginny Weasley's infamous Bat-Bogey Hexes missed Draco and instead hit Harry. It landed the boy in the hospital wing overnight, and eliminated any chance of Harry liking either of the Weasleys'. Sirius had been quite amused when Draco wrote to tell him why his godson was in the infirmary. 

Draco had expected Harry to fidget and complain when forced to attend classes with Draco, but he simply sat quietly, either observing the spell work around him or reading one of the many books he had. Once Draco had even caught him reading one of his Defense Against the Dark Arts textbooks, and had been too amused by the boy's intensely concentrated look to yell at him for taking his school book without permission. 

Draco dressed in his robes before waking Harry, not wanting the small boy to see his chest. The scar he had there was not nearly as gruesome as the ones on Harry's back, but Draco didn't want eighteen-year-old Harry to know that one mistake he had marked Draco so permanently. The boy had his own scars to deal with and besides, Draco would be damned to show the Chosen One any sort of weakness he had. 

"Harry, get up." Draco unceremoniously hit Harry with his pillow. "Come on, time for breakfast." 

Harry blinked blearily, before bouncing out of bed. "Good morning, Dwaco!"

Draco raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. Harry frowned, and tried again, stumbling over the difficult 'r' in Draco's name. "Good morning, Dway...Dwwrraay....Draco!" Harry grinned when he got it right. 

"Very good." Draco handed him his clothes and turned his back to let the boy change in privacy. "You learn quickly."

Harry beamed as he got dressed. Draco always tried to be nice to him, the small boy decided and he tried very hard not to snap, even though he still yelled sometimes. Maybe Draco really did like him. After all, Draco snapped at Pansy and Blaise, too and he said they were his best friends. 

"Ready!" he chirped, taking Draco's hand in his own. Draco wouldn't let him ride his back anymore - You're too heavy! And you are perfectly capable of walking by yourself. I'm not your personal carrier, and I don't like people staring at me because you're on my back. You say you're a big boy? Act like one and walk on your own - but Harry was content with simply holding Draco's hand instead, even though it took an impressive amount of effort on his part to coerce the blonde into the simple act. 

It was just unfortunate for Draco that every time Harry grabbed his hand it sent butterflies through the blonde's stomach.

He's seven, you pedophile! he snarled to himself every time he felt those atrocious butterflies, or the heat of that damned blush that plagued his face.