Chapter 21 - Not Even Close to Perfect

Disclaimer - I do not own this book nor do I own Harry Potter for if I did I would make drarry a real thing

Warnings - This book is going to have characters who have died, alive and this also takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts

Chapter 21 - Not Even Close to Perfect

Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.

-Taylor Hanson

(Quick authors note - This chapter is going to have some inmate actions, but I will say this book does not have any smut....I will not write smut nor did I think the author of this book does either.)

Forty-five minutes later, Harry was on his way to the Room. He ran through the halls, heart thudding with each step he took. 

What if I get there before him? he worried. How am I supposed to know what room he wants? Should there be a bed? Am I going to need Madame Pomfrey? Crap I'm gonna get my arse kicked, I know I am. Oh shit oh shit oh shit what am I going to do?

Fortunately, when Harry reached the seventh floor corridor, a heavy wooden door was already set in the stone wall. Harry hesitated when he reached it. Should he knock?

Shaking his head at how stupid he sounded, he pushed the door open and stepped inside. The door shut automatically behind him. Looking around, Harry saw that Draco had chosen a room that looked a lot like the Slytherin common room. A couch and a few chairs sat in a semi-circle around a fire that was burning out. The color scheme was cool, close to cold, yet oddly enough. Harry felt at home 

"I almost didn't expect you to show."

Harry's eyes snapped to where Draco sat, curled on the couch. The blonde stared down at his hands, which were grabbing a steaming mug (of what Harry guessed to be coffee) rather tightly. The poor blonde had gotten addicted after Sirius introduced the caffeinated beverage to him. 

It was like a breath of fresh hair, seeing Draco again. Harry greedily took in his blonde hair (that was out of place), his silvery eyes (that were slightly red), his long, pale fingers (that were shaking)/ Harry drank in the lanky limbs folded elegantly against his chest, the plumb red lips that were worried between white teeth, the rather casual way the man was dressed in only grey trousers and a black, long-sleeved button-up, like a parched man drinking his first glass of water in a week.

"I mean," Draco continued, still staring into his coffee mug. "I was a complete arse all week. I don't think I'd've shown, if it was me."

Harry shrugged, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "I understand. I've kinda grown used to your mood swings, so it wasn't too horrible. And I'm used to being ignored, especially after fifth year."

A small, yet slightly sarcastic, smile graced Draco's lips. "Yes, I suppose you do." he motioned to the couch he sat on, indicating the empty seat next to him. "Well, come on the, sit down. We've got a lot to talk about, if Blaise and Pansy's incessant bitching is anything to go by."

Harry say Indian-style, facing Draco from his end of the couch with his back resting against the armrest. "We don't have to if you don't want to." he said cautiously. "If you're not comfortable, I mean, I can wait -"

"No, no." Draco let out a deep sigh. "I need this, whether I like it or not."

There was a moment of silence that wasn't quite awkward, but most defiantly wasn't comfortable. Harry decided to break it.

"i'm sorry I made you run out of the Hospital Wing." he winced as the words came out from his mouth. "I just..Pomfrey had me on pain killers and they really mess me up most of the time, especially with talking. I start babbling and saying a lot of stuff I don't mean to say. I didn't mean to freak you out, I promise."