Awakening

Freaks.

Abnormals.

Mutants.

That's what they call them.

When someone goes missing, who do they pin it on? 'The Superhumans, they did it'

It's at times like these when he is reminded why he created a safe haven for Superhumans, so they could live out their lives in peace.

Sighing, Clarence Bordeaux got up from his desk and looked at himself in a nearby mirror. Nothing much had changed; he still wore the same head accessory around his forehead, his hair and eyes were as purple as always.

It wasn't long before he heard a knock at his door. Whoever was behind it let him or herself in, which most likely meant that it was not a student.

His assistant, Luella Yvette, strode into the room, her metal leg making the occasional 'thump' along the way.

"Some students want to see you." She began, her blonde hair struggling to stay into a neat bun. "They need some notes for your last class, or something like that."

"Just some notes? Nothing else?" He asked her, slightly confused. 'Last time I checked, everyone attended class this morning...'

"They're just asking for some notes. It's not a big deal." Luella replied. She sat down on a nearby chair and flicked through a notebook. "I don't see why they'd lie."

Clarence frowned and picked up the notes from his last class. It was about Greek mythology, which had been voted by the students as a topic in class. It seemed to interest them more than basic ecology.

He opened the door, waving goodbye to Luella. One of the first students on the list was a girl called Red Kaelin. She kept a horse in the stables (which he had to build for her in order for her to stay) and would stay there often. If there was any place she would be, it would be there.

As he predicted, he found her tending to her horse. Nobody else came here - minus the few who thought that the horse was cute - so she would be alone most of the time. He didn't think she minded this, though.

"Professor!" She called as soon as he walked up to her, her long red hair flowing in the wind. "I need to ask you something!"

"You wanted the notes from last class, right?" Clarence started to hand her the notes, but she stopped him.

"No, actually...look." Red's blue eyes attempted to look away. "I kinda need a race track for Pizza. You know, my horse?"

"You want me to build a race track on the school grounds?" He asked her. Even though the grounds were expansive, he didn't think that it would be possible to fit a race track in it. Especially since only one person was going to use it.

"In short, yes." Her horse, Pizza, nibbled on the food that was on her gloves. "I'm sure if you don't have a FAVOURITE STUDENT, you would totally build a race track for Pizza."

Clarence hated when she would bring up the 'favourite student' card. She was convinced that he had a 'favourite' and would constantly guess who it was. He tried not to have obvious favourites, in order to make it fair for everybody else, but Red never seemed to listen to him when he told her this.