He's a Beast Somewhere Else

Luella and Clarence looked at Schnee's map of the school. They both knew the layout off by heart, but even this map was odd to them. The rooms were labelled with odd symbols instead.

"Maybe... we should try the cherry tree!" Luella said, pointing towards the heart symbol next to the famed cherry tree outside the school grounds. "A heart means love, so..."

"That's a great idea!" Clarence beamed at her. "Let's just hope we don't catch anyone snogging or... worse..."

Luella laughed at her companion's flushed face. She knew what 'incident' he was talking about. He came to her first, after all.

Once they arrived at the cherry tree, Luella made a dash for the lowest branches. "Just like we did when we were younger, remember?" She giggled, "We even planted this, too..."

"Yes, although our party was a little bigger back then." Clarence sighed in remembrance, "Now we barely talk to the others, and Sanlo keeps herself busy..."

"That's why Schnee designed this, dummy!" Luella told him. "He noticed you've been getting lonely... I mean, come on! You try to keep yourself busy with the students, but I know you don't like spending your nights alone... your room is very large for one person."

"I can't really meet anyone, either." He continued. "It'll put the students at risk. And I'm not dating them, since that would be very illegal. So... I don't know what Schnee's doing, since he knows the risks... there's very few people I could date here."

Luella turned away from him and pouted. "Yeah, I wonder who he's pointing to... dummy..."

"Hm? Did you say something, Luella?" Clarence called out to her. Luella's face turned red instantly.

"O-Oh, I was just saying... there's other hearts on the map!" She quickly recovered, "Look, there's... hey, it's another one involving the two of us! Who would've thought!"

Clarence frowned at her strained, almost pleading voice. "Is this stressing you out? We can stop if you'd like-"

"N-No-!" She yelled, "I-I was just saying... the next place is your, um, playroom... with the piano."

"The... piano..." Clarence muttered. "... He does know Icarus isn't here anymore, right? Could that be who he's referring to?"

"L-Let's just go to the playroom-!!" Luella grabbed Clarence's hand and dragged him through the various hallways until they arrived at his old playroom.

"L-Luella, you're getting really worked up about this..." Clarence blurted out as she shut the door. "... Don't tell me you're afraid that I'll get distracted if I start dating someone?"

"What? N... No..." Luella glanced towards the piano. "... I want you to be happy just as much as the next person. Plus, you wouldn't let anyone distract you from taking care of the students."

Just as they were discussing this, they heard a knock at the door. Luella quickly darted to open it, partially to avoid any more awkward conversations.

It was Schnee, and he was holding a letter addressed to Luella. "Sanlo told me to give this to you. It's important... she said that the doctor you asked about finally got back to you about your... condition."

Luella's eyes teared up slightly as she examined the envelope. "O-Oh, I... I don't know if I want to open it... wh-what if it's bad news-?!"

"Ms. Yvette, you shouldn't worry yourself too much." Schnee smiled at her. "Whatever it is... I'm sure the professor and I... no, everyone, will be able to support you."

Luella smiled back at him. A fake smile. Schnee simply nodded and left the room, not wanting to pry too much into her private life.

"Luella, remember that there are other options." Clarence held her hand to comfort her. "This isn't the end of the world..."