Little Girl Found

"We need to get out of here. Now," declared Schnee, pointing to the exit. As much as he would've loved to see Clarence and Luella finally kiss, if they were caught by the SCU...

"B-But my heart-!" cried Red as she glanced towards the unconscious Hekate. "What... what will...?"

Clarence hugged Red and patted her head. "Knowing the SCU, they'll sort it out for you. They won't be able to track you, so they'll probably just solve the problem to make it less annoying. With the amount of superhumans they have..."

"I need to do something before I leave, too," Morana said, tugging Carlen's arm. "I'm taking Carlen with me. I just need to pick a few things up..."

"Don't take too long, sweetie," Luella reminded her, "We won't leave without you... but we don't want to get caught up with the SCU."

Morana nodded and teleported away with Carlen's help. Unfortunately, she would never tell anyone what she was searching for. Even Carlen was oblivious to it.

The group started to pack into the school bus, excitedly talking about their battle achievements. Even if it was a very outnumbered and short battle.

Morana and Carlen eventually returned to the school bus, a heavy frown on Morana's face. Carlen shook his head; apparently she didn't find what she was looking for.

They started to drive away, the rest of the journey being silent. Nobody could bare to talk after seeing Morana's upset face. Or ask her what she was looking for.

——

The atmosphere changed completely when they arrived back at the academy. Upon seeing the arrival of the group, the students rushed towards them, creating a blockade in the main hall.

"Hey, Luna!" chirped Clarence, picking up the small girl. "I won't be leaving you anymore, okay? I promise."

Luella kissed Clarence's cheek and winked at him. "Hey, come talk to me later in my room... I think we need to talk about a few things..."

Clarence's face flushed a bright red. "U-Um, sure... we'll talk about... us... later..."

Red turned to Morana and hugged her. "Hey... don't sweat about that thing you wanted to find. I'm sure it'll turn up eventually."

"Y-Yeah... thanks, Red," Morana said, smiling at her. "I'm sure they will. If I couldn't find them, then the SCU won't, either."

"Come visit me anytime~" flirted Red, a blush on her cheeks. "I mean it! My door is always open for you..."

Carlen scooped up Dai and gave him a kiss on his nose. "Hey, baby! You were pretty cool out there! You didn't have a panic attack or anything!"

"You're right," Dai nodded, "It was really scary, but... I managed it! I can't believe myself, either! I didn't even have to use my powers!"

"O-Oh, you didn't have to? That's good..." stuttered Carlen. He wouldn't have been able to tell if Dai used his powers or not, such was the nature of time travel.

Ackley noticed that Felice had wondered off, and started to follow her. He was a little tired of the toddlers asking him to wrap a plant around their fingers, anyway.

Felice ended up in her room and dragged a suitcase out from under her bed. She looked around the room and began to toss her clothes into it, hoping to fit it all in.

"Um, Felice?" Ackley asked her, stepping into her room. "Are you... leaving...?"

"Ackley-!!" cries Felice, throwing a shirt at him. "Don't sneak up on me like that! I... look, I'm just gonna visit my stepfather, okay? Going into that... if we got captured by the SCU, we wouldn't have had a chance to say goodbye... I just need to see him again, that's all."

Ackley put the shirt back into her suitcase. "You're coming back... right...? I don't want you to go..."

"Of course," smirked Felice, "I still have lots to learn. But if I don't appreciate my stepfather, then I'll regret it later on. I hope he hasn't gone mad or anything..."

Ackley and Felice laughed together. He began to help her back her suitcase, quickly realising that they'd need more than one suitcase to fit all of her stuff in.

——

Ava Devon arrived at Hekate and Seth's place after an anonymous tip. She had her suspicions  about the caller, but she let it slide for now. At least she could put away a dangerous pair of superhumans.

Her workers dragged away the unconscious bodies of Hekate and Seth. Work would soon begin on searching their entire property. It would take days, weeks at most. If they were lucky, they could take some of the technology and use it for themselves.

She walked around the complex, looking inside all of windows. Sometimes, people liked to hide  secret rooms. This was the only way of finding out.

Her foot hit a metal object, herself almost falling over. She cursed under her breath and bent down to look at it further.

The object turned out to be a hatch, but not one big enough for herself to crawl through. Nevertheless, she opened it and gasped in surprise.

Inside was a little girl, hooked on various tubes. Ava pulled them off and picked up the girl in her arms.

The girl woke up in a confused daze. "H-Huh...? Where's my mommy?" she asked, looking around.

"Is your mommy Hekate?" Ava said, ignoring her question. She needed to know the facts. And if she was a superhuman or not.

She nodded. "I'm... N-Nezzerah... I'm not supposed to be out until mommy says so!"

"Your mommy wanted me to take care of you," smirked Ava, "We'll be seeing each other a lot from now on... as your new guardian."

Nezzerah nodded and fell asleep once again. Her breathing was sharp and shallow. Ava would have to check if she could actually breathe for herself later.

TO BE CONTINUED...?

—————————

first book of superhuman is complete.... I'm gonna do a miraculous ladybug book before doing the next book, so keep an eye out for that!
- hatty