My Bad, Bad Angel

Clarence slammed his hands against the wall. He was beginning to lose his mind. The one thing that was risky, being a Superhuman with mental abilities.

He slid down, his forehead dragging against the metal. Tears welled up in his eyes.

"My, my. I didn't expect to see your cute face in a place like this..."

Clarence whirled around at the new voice, somehow behind him. This room was locked - how did someone get in?

His eyes widened. Standing behind him was none other than Icarus Onyx. Yet there was another problem.

The Icarus Onyx he knew was dead.

His features were exactly the same - white angelic-like wings on his back, long blond hair and eyes like the devil. Even down to the small details, such as the items overflowing from his small bag at the side of his belt.

"Are you going to just stand there and stare?" Icarus began to walk closer to Clarence, whom was already backed against thee wall. "That's not a very nice way to greet an old friend..."

"Y-You were more than an old friend..." Clarence blushed, feeling Icarus' breath. "... But you're supposed to... be dead..."

"I'll admit, I'm a little bit confused myself." Icarus shrugged, "It's an odd feeling, dying and then being brought back to life."

"You're joking," Clarence shook his head desperately, "I'm going mad. That's it, isn't it? I've gone mad. You're in my head. Oh, gods, I'm insane-!"

"Honey, calm down..." Icarus took ahold of Clarence's hand. "... I'll admit that you're a little bit weird, thinking up your dead boyfriend at a time like this. Whatever happened to Luella? She's lovely."

"We're not starting this again!" Clarence turned around to face the wall. "I don't understand. In all my life, I've never 'imagined up' someone. Besides, there's supposed to be a mental block around this place..."

"It's not sounding too good, then, is it?" Icarus chuckled, wrapping his arms around Clarence from behind. "But... I wonder... if you can think of such a perfect copy of me, touch and everything... this mental block mustn't be too strong."

Clarence squirmed under Icarus' tight grip, his face flushed. "N-Nonsense. Normal humans imagine up people sometimes. My powers are useless, anyway. I can't contact anyone."

"Clarence, it's not helping when you wear your own mental block on your head." Icarus stroked Clarence's forehead charm gently. "This little thing... you never wore it around me. What happened, sweetie? You used to be more powerful than this..."

"You. You happened, Icarus." Clarence turned around and freed himself from Icarus' arms. "Do you know what it felt like, losing the love of my life like that? We were barely adults, Icarus. If I didn't decide to drag you along... you wouldn't have..."

Icarus placed his finger on Clarence's lips. "My love, you didn't cause my death. You prevented thousands of others... a small price to pay... come on, this is basically you telling yourself this, now."

"What if I hurt someone again?" Clarence looked away. "I couldn't bare it... I lost it when you died, Icarus..."

"You don't need to tell me twice. I have your memories too, you know." Icarus grinned, "But I really don't like this. Your forehead looks cuter without-"

Icarus grabbed Clarence's headpiece and gave it a tug. Clarence attempted to keep it on his head, but Icarus quickly pulled it off.

"Oh my god, you have a tan line where your headpiece was-" Icarus burst out laughing, holding Clarence's headpiece above his head.