Perchance To Dream

Morana and the others had gathered in the newly-named conference room. Schnee was there, too, having encountered her parents before.

Schnee had his hands full, with Clarence missing and all. Most of the children were crying their eyes out. He always had a child in his arms, and had begun to sleep in the kids area just in case they needed him in the night.

Currently, that child was Luna. One of the worst ones, that kept crying their eyes out over her 'daddy'.

"Right! Here's the plan," Morana began, seeing everybody seated. "My parents are keeping the professor in the centre of their place, here."

She pointed to a roughly drawn map on a whiteboard. "If we're lucky, we should be able to just teleport in using Carlen's powers," she continued, "Once we've secured the professor, we can target my parents."

"They'll be together, though," said Dai, "Does that mean they'll be kissing and stuff? I don't think I could watch that."

"I can barely watch you and Carlen go at it, let alone those lot-!" Exclaimed Felice, sticking her tongue out teasingly.

"I-I'm sure they won't," Morana chuckled, "Um... they're not that type. I've never seen them display any sort of affection, to be honest."

Red felt her heart beat hard again. She never recently had this problem before, when 'sharing' the heart of Morana's mother. However, recently, the beatings had grown louder. At night, especially.

She couldn't really describe it. One moment, she'd be resting. The next, she wanted nothing more than to kiss and hold Morana, and-

Well, you get the idea. Red wasn't usually like this. Even when she saw Morana before. Guaranteed, it had something to do with what Morana's mother was doing. A part of her didn't want to find out what.

She gripped the table and prayed no one would notice her blushing face. Her eyes wondered over to Morana, her thoughts bursting with her smile.

Morana and the others hadn't noticed. Instead, they were more focused on memorising the layout in front of them.

"I propose we split into two groups," said Schnee, once Luna had calmed down a little, "The one's that can fight with their powers will go against Hekate and Seth. The one's that... find it hard to do so can help get the professor."

"Ah, that means... Schnee, your ice powers can help with the fight. With Morana's help, I can hold my own ground, too!" Luella grinned, "Um... Ackley, your plants might help-"

"B-But I don't want to get them hurt-!" Ackley interjected, "Look, Red can fight. So can Morana. That gives you... four out of four. That's fair, isn't it?"

"I could teleport the others out of the way and help you guys out once I'm done," suggested Carlen, "It'll be easier, then. We could get in some surprise attacks!"

"O-Oh, but... I'm very good at getting lost," Dai chuckled nervously, "I shouldn't be in charge. Of finding the professor, I mean."

Felice rolled her eyes. "I got the layout, and hopefully Ackley has, too. Don't worry about it, Dai."

"I... I suppose I could use my plants to force the door open..." Ackley muttered to himself, watching a plant grow up his finger. "... Or any other doors."

"It's been a while since I've had to use my powers for something like this, I'll admit," Schnee said with glee, "But I'll do my best. For the professor."

"We owe it to him. For heaven's sake, he taught me simple things like how to make a sandwich..." muttered Red, "... He could save so much more from horrible fates..."