Butterfly

Following the announcement on the loudspeakers, Dai grabbed Carlen and walked to the Professor's office with him. Carlen had also been asked to come, but despite his whining, Dai refused to let him cheat his way over by teleporting.

"Why do you think the guy called us over, anyway?" He asked, trying to sort out the wildness that was Dai's hair.

"Who knows?" Dai pointed to the various paintings in the halls. "Think we'll get a painting of us up there or something?" It was a stretch to have a painting of them on the walls of the academy, since only the highly regarded was put up there. The two could only hope at the most.

"I don't see why anyone would like a face like mine on there." Carlen winked towards Dai in a flirty manner. "Maybe you can pose with me, so we can both be up there together."

"But look, all of the paintings are of a single person. Not two people together." Dai pointed out. "Are you saying we should break the tradition of these paintings?"

Carlen sighed, before pointing to a painting at the end of the hall. "Look at that one, though. Don't you think it's a bit different from the others? It's got three people standing together in it, plus...it kinda looks more like a memorial painting if you look at the surrounding area."

Carlen was right; the area surrounding the painting was full of flowers, little messages, and even tiny little presents to go along with them. Upon further inspection, Dai noticed that all of the messages were in a form of a short letter. Curiosity taking over him, he read one of the many little messages:

Dear Mother and Father,

It's a couple of years now since the incident now. They were talking about the two of you on the television the other day. They blamed it on an innocent criminal, but I know they're just covering up what really happened. I know because I was there with you on the night of that incident.

Oh, I almost forgot! I'm not alone anymore. I don't have to listen to the voices, either. I met a pretty little girl yesterday. She was outcasted by her family for not being pretty, but I think she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life.

I'll keep you updated,

- Your little sweetheart

"Huh?" Carlen noticed something on the painting in front of them. "Look, Dai, the tagline's been etched out by someone. Either that or it didn't wear well. The only thing that I can make out is...Octo nos salvabunt...?"

"It's Latin." Dai told him. "At least, it sounds like it. You'll have to ask someone else to translate it, though. I'm not that good at things like that..."

Carlen shrugged, his attention slowly fading. "Well, weird phrases aside, I have no idea what something like this is doing here. Think some people died here or something?"

"I would say we should ask the Professor but...I think our safest bet is to ask Miss. Yvette." Dai looked down at the memorial in front of them. "The Professor doesn't like to tell us about things like this, but he tells Miss. Yvette almost anything. It should be say to get answers from her."

"What are you two doing here? You're late..."

The two turned round to see Ackley, who seemed slightly concerned for the two. "You know this place is off-limits, right?" He told them.