Chapter 2

The Bookshop

Chapter 2

Calum’s POV

“Are you sure this is the right house?” I ask Ashton.

“I think so, yeah. I think I’ve been here before. Come on. Don’t wanna keep the girls waiting.” He turns off the ignition of the car and we both hop out of the car. We walk to the front door of the house and I ring the doorbell. The door opens and a blonde girl appears. “Oh hey, Ashton.” She says and gives him a hug. She looks at me and says, “You must be Calum.” I nod and my head and she holds out a hand. “I’m Anna.” I shake her hand and smile at her.

“Where’s um…” Ashton says.

“Oh, Jessie? JESSIE! GET OUT HERE.” She yells and a brunette girl comes running down the stairs and almost slips. She walks to the front door and lets out a deep breath. “Whew. Hi! I’m Jessie. You must be Ashton.” She holds out a hand and Ashton shakes it. She looks at me and her eyes grow wide. “Calum?” She asks. Ashton looks at  me and my eyes grow wide as well.

“Wait…Jessie? You are the one I met yesterday, right?” I ask and she nods her head and smiles.

“It’s nice to see you again.” She says.

“It’s nice to see you again, too.” I say. There was an awkward silence between the four of us for a while until Ashton says that it’s time for us to go. We all get in the car and drive to the restaurant where Ashton’s mom made some reservations.

When we finally got there, we all sat down in a table at the corner of the place. And that’s when the conversation had started.

“So how did I end up on a date with you?” Jessie asks.

“Your mom and my mom are friends and I guess they decided to set the two of us up. I only knew about this last minute so I’m sorry for just wearing jeans and a shirt.” Ashton says.

“That’s alright. I’m practically wearing the same thing as well.” The two of them laugh and I look over at Anna who was looking at Ashton the whole time. So I decided to strike up a conversation with her.

“So, do you like Ashton?” I say as quietly as possible. She turns her attention to me and blushes.

“No. Where did you get that information from?” She says and lets out a light chuckle.

“You know, I can see it. The way you look at him and all. It’s not that hard to tell.” I say.

“You sounded like a teenage girl.” She giggles.

“Oh, well then, football and beer. No unicorns and the color pink here. Let’s change the topic. What do you say we talk about some video games?” Anna shakes her head at me and says, “Let’s talk about the way you look at my best friend. Is that better? I mean, it looks like you like her anyway.” Was she mocking me?

“How about we not?” I tell her and we both laugh.

Ashton asks us what want for dinner and the we all shrug and agree on getting the same things. The four us made some small talk while waiting and we were the loudest people there because we kept on laughing at each other’s jokes. I think that we were very close to being kicked out.

The rest of the night was basically spent like this. We went to an arcade after eating and tried to win a thousand tickets to get the huge stuffed toy for the girls. But it didn’t turn out as planned so the two ended up getting small figurines of cats. Which I found kind of weird.

But this was a really fun date. And sadly, it had to end at some point. We brought the girls back to Jessie’s house and said our goodbyes.

We went back to my house and Luke and Michael were messing around in my room. “What do you two think you’re doing?” I ask the two who were rummaging through my drawers.

“We were bored.” Luke says. He walks over to me and gives me a big teddy bear hug. “I missed you, Calum.”

“I missed you too, penguin.” I tell him and he lets go of me.

“So how was the date?” Michael asks.

“It went well. I had fun.” I say.

“The girls were so much fun to hang out with. You should meet them!” Ashton says. Michael and Luke nodded their heads and Luke said, “You guys wanna practice for a few?” We all groaned and he stood up and said, “Come on you guys. I’ll buy the pizza.”

“PIZZA! YES, I AGREE. COME ON NOW, YOU GUYS. GET UP.” Michael says suddenly becoming hyper. I look at Ashton who just shakes his head. Oh well, a date in exchange for band practice.

A/N: Sorry if it’s crappy. I tried making a date scene. I'm clearly not good at these things. Tada. Anyway, I hope you liked it.  Comment and vote. Thanks. Peace out. :)