Chapter 4

The Bookshop

Chapter 4

Ashton’s POV

The rest of the day went by in a flash. The boys went home and brought Jessie along with them while Anna helped out in cleaning the mess they made. It was kind of awkward now between us ever since Luke asked his question on the two of us dating. Yes I like Anna but then Jessie came along and you know, maybe I kind of like her too.

“Um, Anna, about the thing with Luke a while ago-“ I say and she cuts me off.

“Don’t worry it’s nothing. I mean, we really are just friends, right? She tells me with a smile.

“My parents aren’t back yet. You wanna head out or something? It’s kind of boring in here.” I tell her. She nods her head and I grab my jacket and we both head out. I lock the door behind me and keep the key on the top of the doorframe.

We walk around town and we head into the old CD shop I worked in. I walk into the employee’s area and Anna stopped. I turn around and hold out a hand for her. “Well come on. It’s alright. If you didn’t know, I used to work her before I was in the band.” Anna looks at me and takes my hand.

I drag her inside and I was greeted by some familiar faces. “We’re gonna play some music. Is that fine with you guys?” I ask them. They all nodded their heads and we headed to the back part of the shop where we could play music out of a small record player.

“Are you absolutely sure that we can be here, Ash?” Anna asks.

“Yes. You’re such a noob sometimes, Anna.” I say and I could tell that she rolled her eyes at me. I look through the old records that were collecting dust in the back and picked a random one out of the pile. I put it on the record player and soft jazz music starts playing.

“I love this kind of music. It’s very…calming. Don’t you think, Anna?”

“Sure…” She says and I could sense the sarcasm in her voice.

“May I have this dance?” I ask her and hold out a hand. Her eyes grow wide and I nod my head at her. “Come on.” I tell her. She takes my hand and I pull her close. She looks up at me and I smile at her. We sway to music and I start twirling her around. She starts laughing and so do I.

“It’s kind of weird for us to be dancing in a small room in the back of the place you worked in, don’t you think?” Anna asks.

“Hey, anything could happen in this world.” I tell her. She shakes her head at me and someone comes in.

“Oh, was there something going on here?” A dark haired guy says. Anna and I let go of each other and we both say, “Nope.” The guy closed the door and I looked at Anna and we both started laughing.

“Hey, you should be heading home, Irwin. You’ve got band practice tomorrow.” Anna tells me.

“What band practice? We’ve still got time. It’s not like anyone’s gonna get mad at us.” I tell her. We both walk out of the room and head out of the CD shop.

We spent the rest of the night walking around the streets and window shopping before some of the shops closed. We ended up sitting down in  a small park bench where we just talked about anything while we drank our coffee.

“You know, tonight was so much fun. We should always be doing this, Ashton.” Anna tells me.

“I agree. I shall schedule another night out with my best friend. How about tomorrow? Does that sound alright to you, Anna?” I ask.

“Absolutely.” She tells me. We both stand up and we walk back to her house. She thanked me for taking her out and she gave me a hug.

I went back home and Michael was calling me on my phone. “What now, Michael?” I say once I answer the phone.

“Band practice tomorrow. Don’t forget! A message from Luke Hemmings delivered by Michael because he thinks that I’m an owl!” Michael says sarcastically.

“What time is this?” I ask him.

“Four to seven? I don’t know, man. I just know that it will be until the evening. I hope you don’t have any plans.” Michael says.

“Oh. Okay. I actually do have plans. But, we shall see.” I tell him and Michael says goodbye and hangs up.

Well, I have band practice tomorrow. To ditch or not to ditch? I mean, I always go anyways so I guess missing one practice wouldn’t hurt.

A/N: Is it short? I think it’s short. Anyway, I hope you guys liked it! Comment, fan or vote. WEEEE….