Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Ashton’s POV

“You just graduated and you’re touring with one of the biggest artists in a few days! Live a little, Ash.” That is basically what all of my friends told me when they dragged me to this damned house party at ten in the evening.

To be honest, I just wanted to sleep.

Loud music was blasting through the living room and it was just crowded. You literally couldn’t get to where you wanted to because people just kept on pushing each other around and you know, those horny teenagers that just want to get some shit done.

I was just hanging around in the kitchen where not much people were when I recognized a few faces. It was Michael, Calum and Jessie. I wonder what they were doing here.

I walked up to them and asked, “What are you guys doing here?”

“Well, we were heading to the diner down the block until your friends dragged us in here.” Michael yelled through the sound of the music.

“And we lost Luke on the way in here so we have to find him.” Jessie says.

“Probably get a few drinks or two.” Calum says with a smirk on his face. Jessie rolled her eyes at him and they pushed through the crowd to look for Luke.

I helped the three in looking for them so I went to the backyard where Luke was just roaming around the place like a lost kitten. I laughed to myself because of how he looked like. I went up to him and he hugged me and said, “OH MY GOD. I FOUND SOMEONE I KNOW. I’M SO LOST.” I laughed at him and brought him back inside the house and looked for the three.

They were standing on the top of the staircase when I found them. “I found Lucas.” I tell them.

Luke glares at me and I shrug at him.

“Are you guys staying?” I ask them.

They all looked at one another and Michael said, “I wouldn’t mind, to be honest.”

---

First of all, I don’t really know what’s going on. Everything seemed to move in slow motion and looked blurry, and I couldn’t hear things properly. It was like I was underwater or wearing some shitty headphones.

But here’s the thing, I know that in this moment, I am making out with someone. I just don’t know who. I think she had dark hair. Unless it was a guy or something then I am totally going to regret this night because, first of all, I’m kind of like, taking my best friend out now. Second, this person I’m making out with right now could practically be anyone. Which scared me because I did not want to get beat up. And third, if I am kissing a guy right now and someone took a picture, I would have to convince everyone that I am not gay.

I pulled away, I think and probably dashed out into the backyard of the house.

I felt a pair of hands grab me by the shoulders and a slap in the face. “ASHTON WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” a voice said.

“…What….?” I slurred.

“Dude, you’re wasted.” Another voice said.

I let out a laugh and said, “I know. But…whoever I kissed was GREAT.”

“Dude, you just kissed Jessie.”

That’s when my brain decided to turn the switch on and bring me back into reality for a bit.

Here we go again.