Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Jessie’s POV

There was two weeks left for school. All the projects and assignments were piling up along with all the textbooks needed for reviewing. The only thing keeping me alive right now is the company of Calum.

Speaking of Calum, we’re right here inside the bookshop where we met about five weeks ago. Things were going great. We went on a few more dates after that and we were getting along pretty well. Especially when it came to school; I helped him with stuff he didn’t understand and vice versa.

The bookshop was quiet. The only sound you could hear was the heavy sighs of frustrated people, the turning of pages and people scribbling down notes on paper. I was actually glad that the owner of the place, Mrs. Adams, changed the closing time and added two more hours for these last few weeks of school. “People usually don’t come here in the summer.” She explained to me when I thanked her for it. “Might as well extend the hours when people come most.”

I feel something light hit me in the face and see a piece of paper crumpled up in front of me. I look at Calum and he has his face covered with the huge Science book. “I know you did that, Cal.” I say. He puts the book down and gives me a smile.

“You weren’t listening again.” He says. “I told you to read this page!” He hands me the book and I roll my eyes and grab it from him. I see a sticky note attached and I thought it was just one of Calum’s notes so I ignore it. I was reading through the book but the bright neon colour of the note was distracting me. So I took it off.

“You sure you don’t want to read the note? I think it’s important. I forgot what I placed.” Calum says.

“Fine.” I sigh and pick up the note and read it.

Will you be my girlfriend? Xx It read. I look at Calum who was now shifting on his seat awkwardly. He raises an eyebrow at me as if to ask, Yes or no?

I grab my pen and write a big, “YES.”, under Calum’s note. I hand it back to him and he reads it with a grin on his face. I give him a smile and we both end up giggling too loud, which ended with both of us earning glares from everyone else trying to study.

Another hour passed and we were heading home. As usual, Calum would always bring me home before heading back to his house. When we reached my house, I look at Calum and he hands me the small sticky note. “Do you wanna keep it?” He asks. “You know, for memories or something.” I take it from him and stick it on the cover of my Science book.

There was an awkward silence before Calum spoke once again. “See you tomorrow.” He says. “Do you wanna um…go on another date again or something?”

“Sure.” I say. We both awkwardly nod our heads and I open the door to my house. Before I was going to head inside, Calum grabbed me and smashed his lips again mine which caught me off guard, to be honest. But I didn’t mind.

We bot pulled away and I just smile. He does the same and apologizes for what he did. “It’s alright.” I say and let out a small laugh. “I was just… surprised.”

“Oh. Okay.” He says. “Goodnight, Jess.”

“Night Cal.” I say. He turns around and I shut the door to my house, looking at the note once again and smiling to myself.

A/N: Hola fronds! I have updated! Because…..MIDNIGHT MEMORIES MV IS COMING OUT AND I’M EXCITED AND GOT INSPIRATION TO WRITE THIS. OKAY, YOU GUYS KNOW  THE DRILL (COMMENT, VOTE, FAN) I LOVE YOU ALL. I’M HYPERVENTILATING. STAY SAFE. GOODBYE FRONDS.