Two Mates

Walker POV

I walked in our temporary house at the moment it was just an abandoned home we had just gotten into this little town of Boulder, Colorado. I know what some of you may think this isn’t a little town well for us it is. We have travelled from London, to New York and then to New Orleans all the while I was searching for my bride. And her she is in this town of all places I don’t know what drew me to this place maybe it was her. But then when I saw her with that wolf, it made my blood boil but what shocked me even more was when I saw her eyes change too. That only meant one thing she was a she-wolf, this couldn’t be happening we were natural enemies. And now my bride is with her wolf mate although he hasn’t marked her yet but I don’t know if I will stand a chance. I was walking carelessly not paying attention to where I was going until I felt something hit my chest. I stopped and when I looked down I was looking into the eyes of my bride she was coming out of the coffee shop I heard her sweet little voice say “Damnit, now I got this latte’ all over me. I can’t believe this.”

I growled lightly enough to get her attention when she looked up at me she gasped I know my eyes were a dark color with a swirl of red in them. I said “I am sorry if you want I will buy you another one. I am Walker by the way and you are.” I held my hand out hoping she would shake it.

The minute our hands connected I felt the sparks up my arm and I know she felt them to she pulled away and said “T-that i-isn’t p-possible, I a-already h-have a m-mate h-how c-can I h-have t-two?”

I growled at her statement, was she denying me? Rejecting me as her mate? How is that possible for her to have two? I said “I don’t know about that but I know you are MINE.”

She backed up away from me and was shaking her head I could tell she was confused. Her drink was forgotten as she stood there trying to process what was going on. She finally looked up at me again and that is when I saw her eyes change and she said “You’re not a wolf are you?”

I shook my head and said “No my love, I am not what I am is much different than that but I promise you I will never hurt you. Please give the chance to explain it too you can we take a walk?”

She looked around and noticed that the street was a little busy and she said “There is a park down the street we can walk to there I guess.” I just nodded and we walked in silence, I could tell she was still confused about what was going on but we arrived at Estes Park and made our way over to the bench to sit down.

She sits down first but when I tried to sit next to her she moved away from me which only caused me to growl lightly at the way she was distancing herself from me. She froze and I said “Don’t move away from me.”

She nodded and said “So tell me what exactly are you? And how is it I have two mates.”

I reached over for her hand she flinched slightly at the my touch but I held on tightly but not tight enough to hurt her. I said “First off you never told me your name beautiful.”

She looked over at me and then looked down at her lap, was she nervous? I heard her whisper “Nikki.”

I said “That is a beautiful name for a beautiful woman, Nikki.” She looked up at me and her eyes were so beautiful I wanted to just grab her and kiss her but I knew I would only scare her more. So I said “Well first what I am going to tell is that I don’t want you to be afraid of me because regardless of what I tell you I would never hurt you.” She nodded so I continued.

I said “I know you are a wolf, and you see our kind has always been enemies. I am not sure how we came to be but in my species you are considered my bride.”

She gasped and said “Y-your…..b-bride. W-what e-exactly a-are y-you?”

I said “So impatient my love….you see my love I am a vampire. After most of my coven got wiped out in New Orleans we moved here hoping we could stay in the shadows. I never thought I would meet you I have waited for centuries for you.”