Too much at once

Hey all I hope that you guys are enjoying this so far, don’t worry I will keep the action coming. I will try to get another chapter done by the weekend, but for now this was what was on my mind. I wanted to make sure I put it out there for you. I am appreciating each and every one of you….you are all so awesome.

Now without further delay here you are…………..

Jake POV

I can’t believe this just when we thought things would cool down for a little while now we have to worry about some little rogues trying to get into the territory. I linked my father and told him that all the women and children were safe and with that he told me to get to the south boarder that they had surrounded them and that it was about 20 of them. I ran faster than before so I could reach them before they started questioning them I wanted to know for myself why they were here and why now.

I got to the clearing just in time as I saw one of them shift back by my father’s command. I could instantly feel their fear and I knew my wolf was happy as well. I shifted back and walked into the clearing. I saw him smirk at me when he saw me and he said “Well, well isn’t this a nice little meeting we have here. Alpha and future Alpha all in one spot so tell me what do you think would be the chances of walking away from this alive considering the vampires will be arriving shortly to assist us in taking our your pack and then I will take that beautiful mate of yours and make her mine.”

I growled at him and said “First off, rogue you mean the vamps that just arrived in town right.” I started laughing along with everyone else in the pack and I saw him pale slightly.

He said “Yea what about it, I am sure Walker and his coven will be here shortly considering we contacted them to help us in taking out your pack.”

I was laughing harder by this point to the point to where I could hardly talk but he responded again and said “What the hell is so God Damn funny!”

I said “Kid tell me you’re joking if it’s the vamps from Elven Street, then maybe you need to have checked on them before you came here then maybe you would known to check on them before you came here to confirm your attack and then you would have seen that they no longer exist. You stupid mutt, thinking you could team up with vamps to take your own kind really? I got news for you we took them out just as we will your little pack here.” And with that I shifted and went straight for his throat before he had time to react and snapped it quickly and then looked up at the rest of them and watched as the rest of them coward back in fear.

I howled and the rest of the pack followed my father just sat back and watched and I heard him say in the pack link ‘I am proud of you son, you will make a fine Alpha soon.’

I said ‘Thanks dad.’

Once we were finished with the rogues everyone got the bodies together and set a fire and took care of the bodies I went back to the pack house to see my beautiful mate and I couldn’t wait to see her and hear my pup. I hurried up and ran back to the pack house and when I arrived there I was in for the biggest surprise.

Nikki POV

We were all huddled together we heard a lot of howling and snarling and we knew what was going on a few of the women groaned in pain I knew why because their mates had gotten hurt slightly. We heard something at the door and all of us jumped it didn’t sound like it was either the Alpha, Beta or Jake so we weren’t sure who it could be but the sounds got louder and we heard them shouting that they knew we were in there and that they were coming for us. Some of the girls said it smelled like humans which meant it must be hunters coming for us, but I don’t understand why we hadn’t done anything to anyone. As the sounds got louder I saw the women push all the kids into the little bedroom and told them to stay put my mom told me to go with the pups and stay with them and they would fight off the hunters until the guys arrived. I hurried to the room and locked the door and waited I heard the door being broke open and then I heard snarls louder and howls I knew some of them had gotten hurt but I was hoping we had the element of surprise on our side. I heard Jake in my mind and he said he was aware of what was going on and that help was on the way. I told him ‘they are inside please hurry the women are getting hurt.’