18

I left to get a coffee from the Costa in the hospital around 2am. I thought of calling Austin, telling him what the news was with Immy considering he was supposedly here already. I had copied his number into my phone a while back, it sounds like an odd thing to do, but i just thought if anything happened it was some sort of hold i had over him. It rings…

Austin's POV

"Au-Austin!" Maria sighed into my ear as her nails dug into the skin of my back. My phone started ringing from the other side of the room. I let out an angry sigh, about to stand up from the bed. "Don't go… It will only be her." Maria snarled, tugging at my arm. "But I should answer it…" I sighed. "She'll never know" Maria smiled, and I ignored the slight guilt which soon disappeared as Maria's lips entangled with mine again.

Ashton's POV

"The prick doesn't even want to say goodbye." I said, angry tears making their way to my eyes. I got a message sent to me in that moment, thinking it would be Austin but instead it was from Tim. 'Here's the audio for the song we recorded the other day, it's incredible!' A file was attached. I walked back to Immy's room and closed the door behind me. "It's the song we recorded the other day Immy" I explained as I sat down and pressed play. "I'd like to say we gave it a try, I'd like to blame it all on life." Immy's voice echoed from my phone, bouncing off the walls a little. I held her hand to my lips as I looked up at her face. I remembered how beautiful she looked when she sung, she showed the emotion behind the words in every way possible. I remembered that time I saw her in the woods, singing and how she looked like an angel, and soon she would officially become an angel. "If I could change the world over night, there'd be no such thing as good-bye." I closed my eyes, her hand still against my mouth, listening to our voices harmonise together. As the song ends I wiped the couple of tears from my cheeks and call the boys. I asked them to bring my laptop to the hospital. "You sure you're ok here, on your own?" Cal asks as they stand at the door. "Yeah and besides I'm not on my own!" I faked a smile. I pulled each of them in for a hug, a really long hug. "Uh, Ashton…" Michael said which made me back away. "Sorry!" "We'll see you tomorrow!" Luke smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Yeah…" I muttered. Once they had left I sat on the chair with my laptop. I had every video or photo of Immy and I up on the screen, whilst the audio of our song imported. "I hope that the next time we come to England we're married and we're coming here to move to our new home… I want you to still be my Immy, who I love very much. This has turned out very soppy, and I'm sorry about that! See you soon!' I watched myself as I kiseds the camera before the video ends. I was thinking how I would be seeing her soon. After just over an hour the video was finished. I went onto the TWLOHA blog and uploaded it there, attaching the link into an email with everyone who mattered to me. I wrote a little message in the bio for the video. "Hi guys, this is Ashton and on behalf of Immy and myself I want to tell you guys that these are our last moments being a part of TWLOHA. So recorded this song for everyone out there…and I made this video for it because… This is goodbye from the two of us. We love everyone who has been a part of our lives, and we will never forget you. X"

I closed the laptop and placed it on the floor. I put my phone down too as it started receiving endless messages and phone calls. I went and sat down on the edge of the bed, stroking the side of Immy's face with my hand. I cleared my throat, trying not to laugh. "We will always be together, I will never leave you. And uh, as your personal batman" My urge to laugh faded, and it was replaced my the sharp pain of the salty tears. "I invite you, my Immy, to fly with me." I wiped my eyes and leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. I sat back up and took a deep breath as I leaned over to the bedside table, grabbing the bottle of pain killers. I unscrewed the cap, my hands shaking and my breathing getting lower. I took one last glance at Immy before throwing my head back, with the edge of the bottle against my lips. Within seconds the bottle fell from my hands and I slowly moved myself to be lying beside Immy. I sat myself up high enough to reach and pull the wires from Immy, and thats when the monitors started going crazy, full of life, whilst we both started to fade, to begin a new life.