My past

Hello, you know who I am. Herobrine, the one with white eyes, the man everyone fears, the one who was removed, the one who hunts others and tries to murder every player in Minecraft.

No, that's not what I use to be known as, before this, I was a hero, a man everyone could trust, a man everyone went to for help. Not anymore, not after what happened.

I know what you're thinking, 'why do I care? Why should we believe you?' Well, I'm not asking you to, I'm asking you to listen to my story. I'm not saying I haven't done wrong, we all have, but I refuse to sit here and allow you and everyone else to listen to the stories, the rumors, about me without listening to my side, my story.

My past is much like yours, full of endless struggles and countless battles not always won, but it's also filled with pride and accomplishment. Anyway, for those of you who are still here, I'll start from the beginning.

I was their from the start, one of the first people in Minecraft. Notch and his helpers created the world and were testing with the creation of people. I was the third test. Subject 1 and 2 were unresponsive, and he thought I was as well, I obviously was, but not in the way he wanted. Notch looked at me in the way a disappointed parent would, and I looked back at him. I had no idea who he was, and he said the two words that almost threw me over the edge ( literally ), "Kill him."

"No," I managed to say as he walked off.

"What did you just say?" The man asked turning around to face me.

"No," I repeated. He walked over to me slowly.

"You're responsive? Huh, I guess that's a good sign. Well, I think this means you need a name.
So, what kind of name should I give my first creation? What do you think Jeb?"

"I don't know." The man named Jeb walked over to us I could hardly see him for my eyes were still blurry. All I could see was a smear of white and brown. "Notch, what's wrong with his eyes?"

"What do you mean?" The other man, Notch, asked coming closer. "Dear god!" He whispered. I flinched as Notch went to touch my face. "Don't worry I won't hurt you, yet." He pulled away as I tried to move my arms.

Looking down I saw my arms, legs and waist were fastened to a metal table unable to move anything but my head and shoulders. The man smiled at me. My vision started to finally clear and I saw his brown beard and toothy smile."Don't even try, your tied tightly."

I tried to move again but came to no success. "Who are you?" I asked, my voice hardly more than a whisper, no matter how loud I tried to talk.

"I'm Notch, this is Jeb. We're the creators of this world, Minecraft, as we like to call it." Notch said full of pride gesturing around the room we were in.

"Minecraft?" I repeated quietly looking around. All I could see was white, brown, red, and black smears, that started to give me a headache. Looking back at Notch I saw his big smile start to fade.

"What in the world is happening to your eyes? He asked a little frightened.

"What do you mean?" I asked calmly, unsure of what to make of the situation.

"Jeb, did all of the other subjects eyes turn white?" Notch asked the other man who stared at me.

Jeb shook his head slowly. "1 and 2 I don't know, they weren't responsive, but 7 didn't. 7 is responsive, but I think 4, 5 and 6 are duds."

"3 and 7 seem to be the best to work with. Take them to the testing chambers. "Notch said waving his hand dismissively."

"Notch, I thought you were gonna give him a name."

Notch looked closely at me and I stared back. "Hmm, I think I'll call this one Brine." He walked over to the other barley conchess test subject. He had blue eyes short messy brown hair, judging by where i was, he seemed about a head shorter than me, and wore the same thing I did, a white shirt and pants. He seemed to be unawair of the situation. "And this one can be Steve." He walked over to a computer and started typing. "Now take them to Testing Chamber 3790."

"Yes sir. Do you want them conchess for the transfer?"

Notch looked at me then Steve and back to me again, "Yah, we'll make this the first test. If they start to freak, knock them out."

"Yes sir." Jeb said walking over to another man who undid Steve, put him in handcuffs, and started to move him. Jeb did the same to me and we headed off.

~~~~~~~~

About 3 minutes later, I heard Steve start to move about. He was trying to get out of his handcuffs. I turned my head twords him and saw a his bright blue eyes filled with fear. I looked at the man pushing him and saw a look of disgust on his face."Honestly, can I just take them out? Notch would never know."

I looked back at Steve and tried to calm him down. "Steve, calm down, your just making things worse for yourself."

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" He looked at me and a wave of fear came over him. "What even are you?"

"If you don't calm down we're both screwed." I spat bitterly.

After a moment of argument, I finally got him to calm down and we continued on through the long white halls in silence.

After a while we came to 3790 where they released us into the room. I rubbed my sore wrists and walked over to Steve. He seemed as scared as I felt. I looked around the room and saw two beds, one in good condition one almost broken, the room had one window that was bared and the door was locked.

"Where are we?" Steve asked me hesitantly.

"Notch said we were in some world that they created called Minecraft. I don't know where exactly but we're here now, and as long as we do what they say, we'll be fine." I replied still absently rubbing my wrists. I looked at the far wall and saw the word Mojang written across it in big orange letters. "I'm guessing a place called Mojang. Judging by the writing on the wall."

"How can you be so calm? We are stuck in this place with who knows how many others, and no chance of escape."

"Well, seeing how I'm the 3rd test and you're the 7th, and we didn't see any other subjects that were responsive, I think we're alone in this one."

Steve sat against the wall and I sat next to him."Do you think we can make it?" Steve asked me.

Honestly I thought I was gonna fail every task they set before me, but I saw the fear in his eyes, putting my arm around him and told him, "Yah, I think we can do it. If not well, we'll die trying won't we?" I didn't realize was that I was telling myself the same thing in the form of encouraging words to him.

"I don't remember what Notch gave you for a name." Steve said after a wile.

I pulled my arm away and said, "My name's Brine. Or test subject 3 witch ever you prefer."

"I like Brine." He said. "At least they give us names."

"Yah, well it's getting late, I think we should get some sleep." I looked at the beds, "I'll take the broken one. You have the newer one."

Steve looked at me with shock. "Are you sure? I mean, I'll take the broken one."

I shook my head and stood. "No its alright, I'll take the broken bed." That's when I looked around to the corner of the room and saw that they had put a camera in the corner of the room. "Well, I guess they are gonna watch us 24/7 huh?"

"I guess so." Steve looked at the camera and back at the bed. "See ya in the morning."

"See ya." I said as we both got into bed and fell asleep.

What Steve and I didn't know was that Notch was in the process of creating another, more powerful being. He had no idea the power it would have or what destruction it would cause. Honestly, nor did anyone else. How could we have ever predicted that the thing that Notch was making was gonna be my down fall?