The 'End'

It's been months since the king died and I took the throne. I walked around the castle, trying my best to avoid everyone. The ones I couldn't avoid bowed to me and kneeled. No matter how many times I ask them not to call me 'lord Herobrine', 'my king', or even 'my lord', I discovered they were gonna do it anyway. I walked to war room where lately I've been spending most of my day. When I opened the door, an unexpected visitor stood by my map of the kingdoms. "May I help you?" I asked as I slowly approached the stranger.

They turned around and faced me. "Yes, and I belive I can help you." They said. "I am Regina, queen of then End." She said walking up to me. Her purple eyes staring into my blank ones. "And you are?"

"Herobrine, king of the Nether." I introduced myself.

"Herobrine? Well, I didn't expect you to take the throne so soon." She replyed inspecting me. I watched her purple dress trail behind her as she walked around me. Her crown sat on top of her long black hair, her black wings folded behind her back to allow her to move around the cramped room. "How long has he been dead?"

"A few months." I replyed simply.

"Well, what have you been doing here? With all these map, it seems as though you were planning an attack on something." She asked walking back to the map of the End.

"That is my business and mine alone." I stated.

"Not much of a socialist are we now?"

I almost spat at the queen but bit my tongue. "I'd rather keep to myself." I replyed through gritted teeth.

"Well, introduction aside, I need your help."

"With?" I asked.

"We've been dealing with....a threat in the End."

I felt my body tense. He's going after the End to?

"Assuming from the way you're acting, you know exactly who I'm talking about." I stared at her and said nothing. "Brine, Entity has been trying for weeks to take over the End, we can't hold him off forever. Please, we need your help."

"Why don't you ask Notch?"

She shook her head. "I sent two messagers to him and they never returned.....not in one piece anyway." She looked away.

I looked at her and saw the pain of loosing something. I could tell she blamed herself for the loss of so many lives, just as much as I do. "I-I understand how you feel Regina,"

She glared at me like she was trying to lite me on fire. "No you don't. The feeling of loosing someone, watching as everything you've protected burns to the ground, knowing you are responsible for so many deaths. How could you possibly know what that feels like when you haven't gotten the glory of leading your army into war?"

I said nothing for a while. I stared at the ground as all the memories of the town came flooding back to me. I leaned on the wall, my head started spinning as my mind raced with these awful memories of me murdering the only town I promised to protect. "I know Regina, because I've done all those things. I didn't need a kingdom, or to lead my army to war to feel the grief you feel now. I felt it before I stepped foot in a kingdom, and I haven't forgotten it." I looked up at her, she has a look of shock and sorrow. "But, unlike you, I refuse to let my grief take over my actions as ruler of my kingdom." I stood and walked over to my maps.

"So...you don't feel grief anymore?"

I shook my head. "No, I still feel it. But I don't give in to it. I allow it to push me forword. And I suggest you do the same, or your kingdom will be next." I stated walking out of the room. "I will help you if you need it. And only if you need it."

She nodded and smiled. "Ya know, for such a new king, you act like you've done this your whole life. Thank you Herobrine, king of the Nether." She teleported away, back to her kingdom no doubt.

I continued to walk through the halls, no longer caring if I see one of my followers. I walked to the balcony that overlooked the grounds. Everyone was happily working and the young mobs were playing with eachother. They looked up to me and waved, huge smiles on their faces. Even the young ghasts were happier than normal. I smiled and waved back to them before walking back into my room.

Guess who?

I groaned at the sudden headache and leaned on my desk, grabbing My head. Oh, finally figured out a way to get in my head from the overworld?

Entity didn't answer my question, but continued to speak. So Brine, how's life in the Nether?

It's a good as being banished to hell can be. At least I'm not being hunted.

That's what you think.

I shook my head and stood. Entity said nothing else, he must only be able to communicate for a short period of time... I walked over to the bed and stared at the covers. I haven't slept in who knows how long. Every time I try, the memories come back and wake me up....

"My lord?" I heard a voice say.

"What is it Maleficus?" I asked turning around to face the sorcerer. Maleficus had shown up in one of the portals one day with a young girl. They claimed to be siblings and said they were running from Entity. Judging by the looks on their faces, I belived them and allowed them to stay.

"My appolagies my lord, but Jade and I have been worried." Soon after he finished his sentence, Maleficus's sister came up beside him. Jade was hiding behind her older brother, afraid of being scolded for entering my room without prmission. "Sir, you haven't slept well since we've arrived here. Is something the matter?" Maleficus asked pulling Jade closer to his side. The young girl looked up to me with worried eyes.

"I'm fine Maleficus. It's nothing you two should worry about." I squatted down and looked at Jade. I beckoned her to come closer and she hid. "Don't worry Jade, you're not in trubble." I smiled and she came out from behind Maleficus. "Now, what is it that you wanted? I'm sure you didn't just come in here to ask me if I slept, right?" I asked softly. She nodded. "So, what did you want?"

At first, she said nothing, she looked to her brother and he nodded. "I-I wanted to thank you. For saving my brother and I." She said quietly. "I'm sorry for walking in without prmission, but I was afraid to ask..." She looked down at her feet like she was ashamed of herself.

I lifted her chin so she looked me in the eye. "In not mad at you Jade, their's no need to be sorry." She nodded and smiled slightly. She seen ed more confident than before and gave me a hug. I hugged her back and smiled. I looked up to see Maleficus smiling as well.

"Thank you my lord." He said before the two of them left the room.

I stood and layed on my bed. I cleared my head and tried to sleep.

____________________________________

There....we.....go! Ok, that chapter is done.

Hero: *staring thoughtfully at the chapter*

You ok Hero?

Hero: huh? Oh, yah, I'm fine. I was just thinking how much Jade reminded me of Lilly and Sophie. But, she is a bit more shy.

Well, you are a king.

Hero: yah, well.....*looks away* I'm gonna go.

Where?

Hero: I don't know, probably prepare for the next dare or somethin. Until next time mortals. *walks out*

Bye Hero. If you all did just enjoy that, then hit the vote button and keep your eyes peeled for the next chapter. I'm J and I'll talk to you later peepz. BBBIIIIII!