Too late

I know I can't keep you here forever, I also know you can't fight forever. I'll be here, I'll be waiting.

I blinked my eyes open and sat up. I rubbed my head and looked around. My bedroom? How did I get here? I looked to my right and spotted my dimond sword shining in the light. I stood and walked over to the window. It was about noon and everyone seemed worried. What's wrong with everyone? Well, at least their not getting killed. I chuckled and walked to my sword. I sheathed it and the door opened behind me. I turned around and saw Steve standing in the door way.

He looked at me with surprise and joy. "Finally!" He ran and hugged me. I winced and hugged him back. "God, the whole town has been worried sick. At first everyone thought you were dead."

I smiled. "Well, I'm not dead yet. And I plan on sticking around for a while longer. Someone's gotta protect your sorry butt."

He pulled away and smiled. "Protect my sorry butt? I'm not the one who passed out for almost two weeks."

My smile fadded. "Two weeks? I've been out for two weeks?"

"Yah, close to it. You kept muttering to yourself things like 'stop' and 'no, please no'."

I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands. Two weeks. I was out for two weeks. What kind of protector am I? I can't even go a week without passing out for a few days. This needs to stop. I'm sick of this. I have to kill Entity tonight. Or whatever these dreams have been trying to prevent will happen, and apparently, I'm doomed.

"Hero, are you ok?" Steve sat down next to me. I stared at the floor.

"Is that the only thing you can ask me?" I said smiling. "Seems like that's the only question you know how to ask."

He punched me in the arm and smiled back. "Shut up. I worry about you, bro. You started acting strange, then you pass out for two weeks. I'm sure you'd be worried if something like this happened to me."

"Nah, I'm sure you'd be fine." I said playfully. "You seem like a tuff one to crack."

He looked at me and pretended to be hurt. "So you're saying you wouldn't care if I started acting like you?"

"Well, if you acted like me, maybe you'd kill more mobs."

"Well excuse me if I don't want to run at a mass of mobs and almost get myself killed." He smiled and looked at the window. "I missed you Hero. This is the first time I've smiled in a while." He thought a moment. "Hey, why don't you go into town. I'm sure everyone would be pleased to hear you're ok." He stood and helped me to my feet.

"Hey Steve, have you found Entity yet?"

He stopped at the door. "Uhh, no sorry Hero. We've looked as far as the perimeter, we couldn't find him."

My heart sank. Well, I'm screwed.

I'd say so.

Oh, you're still here?

Sadly yes, I'm still here. So, you have tonight to find and kill Entity, how and when.

I don't know. I didn't just wake up from a freaken two week coma or anything. Why don't I just cure zombies while I'm trying to kill Entity?