Chapter 9: Hope and Happiness

Edited :)

Three weeks later...

Carl and I are finally back together and it's been absolutely great so far. I'm just happy we're together and that Ron is not even close to me again because I hate him and I get why Carl does too. He shot Carl's eye out, kidnapped me, and at the party tried to rape me I guess. Anyways, Carl hasn't left my side since the Ron incident and I have been thankful. The nightmare's that I had of Ron doing things to me has gone away and I can finally sleep peacefully again. Anyways, Carl says he's my 'watch dog' and I just laugh everytime he tells me that and I think he says it because he likes seeing me smile again after what Ron had done to me. Carl made me move back into his room and I can't complain because god how I missed sleeping with that boy! He's what I missed waking up to in the morning and I'm just happy that I get a bigger closet too even though I can't complain about the one in the room I was supposed to call mine on the first day I moved into Alexandria, but oh my god. It's been amazing these past three and I've missed sharing the same bed with Carl. Anyways, Rick and I were talking in the kitchen when Carl came in and I smiled as I looked at him.

"Good morning dad." Carl said as he came downstairs and entered the kitchen and I looked at him and he looked like he had just come out of the shower because his long and usually fluffy hair, was stringy and looked wet.

"Good morning Carl. Nice to see that you finally showered." Rick joked and smiled as he looked at his son and Carl had rolled his eyes and I smiled as I looked at him.

"Haha, so funny, dad. Don't worry, I'll get you back next time." Carl said as he walked over to me and I looked at Rick who smirked at his son, who wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey there buddy. You do smell better. Thank god you did take that shower." I said and I was joking with him and he pulled back and looked at me and smiled.

"Wow, now you're after me too. I see how it is. Anyways, good morning babe." Carl said and I smiled and he kissed me then I looked at him and I took a sip of my coffee.

"I'm going out today with Daryl. We're going hunting. Would you like to come with us? I'm sure Daryl won't mind if you tag along." I said as I looked at him and he shrugged his shoulders and smiled and nodded.

"Sure, that sounds like fun. Plus, I'd like to get out of the house for a little while. When do you two plan on leaving?" Carl asked as he looked at me and I took a bite of the bacon that I had made for myself, but this wasn't the only thing I was going to eat for breakfast.

"After breakfast, so you need to gather stuff that you're going to need because we want to leave as soon as we possibly can." I said as I looked at Carl and he smiled and nodded as he looked at me.

"Okay, sounds like a plan. I can do that." Carl said and I smiled and patted his chest and he sat next to Rick at the bar and I looked at the two of them.

"Morning guys." Daryl said as he walked into the kitchen and I looked at him and I smiled because I was really excited to go hunting with him and Carl today.

"Good morning, Daryl. I'm ready for our hunt today. I am so excited, I haven't been hunting in such a long time." I said as I looked at him and he looked at me and nodded.

"I'm hunting some squirrel. What are you going to hunt?" Daryl asked as he looked at me and I thought about it then I realized I wanted some deer meat because it was tasty, plus it could feed a few people here.

"Deer. I love deer meat and I haven't had it in such a long time. Oh, would it be okay if Carl joined us?" I asked as I looked at Daryl and he looked at me and did a little shrug of the shoulders then nodded.