Chapter 18: Life With A Job

Edited :)

TWO WEEKS LATER...

I've been working with Olivia at the armory/pantry for two weeks. Carl is still doing his own thing with the guys. Since I've been so busy Maggie hasn't had any help with the little kids until one day Francine came along and said that she would like to help since she had nothing to do. Maggie was happy and agreed immediately, and the smile on her face made me extremely happy. That was two weeks ago at the breakfast I said Francine and Olivia could come to. That was real fun and honestly, I don't think I've seen any body like Francine eat that many pancakes at once, it was just so much fun to be with friends. Anyways, I'm headed over to see what Olivia needs help with or if she needs any help. We haven't been busy, but we haven't had nothing to do either. I saw Olivia setting something on the top of a shelf and she was struggling and since I was taller than her I decided to help her out.

"Thanks Angie. Good morning by the way." Olivia smiled as I set the can in a straight line with the other ones and I smiled as I looked at her.

"You're welcome and no problem, good morning to you as well. How have things been?" I asked as she went around with her clip board to check things off and I place my hands on my hips.

"Not so busy. Quiet mostly. Yeah, quiet. Almost kind of peaceful as well, so I can't complain." Olivia said and smiled then went back to whatever she was doing and I didn't know what to do at this point.

I walked around the building we work in and checked out what we had and what guns were missing. Then I heard a few voices where Olivia was in the front of the building. It was Rick, Carl, and Glenn, they came back towards the guns where I was at. I had assumed that they were probably going on another run and I have no idea why because we aren't low on any thing, but then again it was always nice to have extra just in case anything happens here.

"Hey worker girl. Nice to see you here." Carl said and kissed me briefly and I pulled back and smiled as I looked at him and he looked at me.

"Calm down, Mr. Grimes. What do you and the guys need?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest and I looked at them and they looked at me and smiled.

"Two pistols, a couple shotguns, and Daryl's crossbow. We had to hide it here last night because he wouldn't shower. He's a tough nut to crack." Carl smiled and I got what they needed and then I had grabbed the clip board so they could sign everything out.

"I was wondering why his crossbow was here, it was a bit unusual because Olivia didn't know where to put it at. Now, sign the guns out please." I said and handed them the clipboard to sign guns out and I smiled as I looked at them.

"Thanks baby. I'll see you later? Alright?" Carl asked and pecked my lips lightly and I smiled and nodded as I looked at him.

"Yeah, hey. Don't forget that we're having dinner at Francine's house. I told her you were coming too, so as soon as you get home shower then we're leaving. I said we would be there at 6 o' clock, be home by 5 and don't give me that 'Oh shit' look. You are going and you're going to like it. Have a good day, baby." I said and pecked his cheek then went up front and said goodbye to Rick and the boys before they left.

"Bye Angie, thanks for the guns. Better keep up the good work." Rick said then they gathered all the stuff for their run then left.

It was just me and Olivia for now and people came in and out, but it was mostly me and Olivia. Once 4:30 came around I asked Olivia if I could leave and she agreed and let me go for the day. After I got home I showered and got ready for dinner with Francine and 5:00 came faster than I thought. Then 5:30, 5:35, 5:40, 5:45, then it was time for me to get going to Francine's house. I walked up to her door and she welcomed me with open arms.