Chapter 15: His Birthday

Edited :)

One week later (December)...

"Wake up Carl." I whispered gently into his ear and I nibbled on the outer shell of his ear and I was excited for today because it was his nineteenth birthday and I had a day full of surprises for him.

"Mmm." Carl mumbled softly and I saw that he was starting to wake up and I sat up next to him in bed and I had a smile on my face and I just couldn't stop smiling.

"Good morning babe. Happy birthday, my old man. You're 19 today, getting older." I said and smashed my lips onto his and he grabbed my face to deepen the kiss.

"Good morning. It's my birthday. God, it's my 19th birthday holy shit. I can't believe that the day is actually here." Carl smiled and I looked at him and I knew that today was going to be a good day.

"I know that it's your birthday that's why I have breakfast waiting for you downstairs. Now get your lazy birthday butt up and come and get it, but first, shower and change your bandage." I said and kissed him once more and he sighed and I got up out of bed and he just laid back down then he sat up on the edge of the bed.

"Alright, jesus, miss sassy, holy shit. It's my birthday and you're being all controling. Not that I mind it, but ease up, babe." Carl laughed as I helped him stand up and I stumbled back, then I found my balance.

"I have to get going now. Get ready!" I shouted as I walked down the hallway and to the kitchen and I smiled as I looked at the delicious breakfast that was ready.

After he got ready, he came downstairs where I had everybody waiting for him. We all said happy birthday as soon as he came down. I made him his favorite breakfast which was chocolate chip pancakes and bacon with orange juice. He smiled as he looked at everyone and the breakfast that I had slaved over since 6 this morning. I could tell that Carl was grateful for everything that was going on around him.

"Aw. Thanks everybody. This means the world to me. The breakfast looks absolutely delicious." Carl said as I wrapped my arms around his waist and I hugged him and he hugged me back then I let go, but he kept his around around my shoulders.

"How does it feel to finally be nineteen, son?" Rick smiled as he came over and hugged his son then they looked at each other and they both had wide smiles spread out across their faces.

"I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm also feeling just a little bit old honestly." Carl said and laughed and Rick shook his head as he looked at his son and I smiled.

"You feel old!? How do you think I feel? My only son is 19 years old today and he's the one that feels old. I can't believe this." Rick joked and smiled as he looked at Carl and I was happy that we could joke and just take a day and not worry about anything.

"Dad, you're not that old. You're really not, so don't say that you are." Carl said and Rick gave him a 'come on, don't like to me son' look and I looked at Carl and then Rick and I didn't want to get in between them.

"It's because he is Carl! He's just being honest." Daryl shouted as he stuffed some bacon into his mouth and he laughed as he did that, almost choking and I shook my head.

"Shut up over there Daryl!" Rick said and he flipped Daryl off and Daryl put his hands up in defense and they were like two little boys arguing, which was very entertaining some nights.

"Rick, you're a dad and you're not that old. You are aging like some fine wine. Nothing more, nothing less." Carol said in her sweet voice and I smiled as I grabbed some food from the counter and Carl joined me.

"Thanks Carol." Rick said and gave her a side hug and it was the sweetest thing ever and I looked at Carl and he kissed my cheek and I smiled as I looked at him.