Chapter 3

{Character in picture: Raini Rodriguez as Lupe Martinez}

{Song in video: Echosmith - Cool Kids}

I woke up the next morning to Janee barging in our cabin, yelling, "Alright girls, get on up! Get ready and then get some breakfast!" She gave us an enthusiastic smile. "Meet me after breakfast where we had the camp fire last night."

I groaned, and looked at the clock. It was eight in the morning, which wasn't too bad, but I just didn't like to be woken up like that.

I looked around, and noticed most of the girls were already up, but a few like me just woke up.

I glanced at Lupe and Jillian, who were already dressed for the day. Lupe was wearing a light blue t-shirt, and shorts. Jillian was wearing a stylish white blouse, green shorts, and lighter on the makeup this time.

I noticed Chantel, who was still sleeping. Jillian grinned, and quietly tiptoed over to her, and then poked her sides. "Wake up sleepy head," Jillian said, giggling as Chantel jumped up.

"What?!" She exclaimed, looking around. She realized where she was, and burst out laughing. "Why do you do this, Jilly Bean?"

"Because it's funny." She grinned, and we laughed.

We quickly got ready, and then headed over to the cafeteria to eat breakfast. After we got our food, we went to a table in the back, and sat down. There were kids and teenagers of different ages. The younger kids had different camp counselors, and cabins.

"Do you all know what we're going to do today?" I asked, and then took a bite of bacon.

"We'll probably do some activities like hiking, playing sports, or something like that," Lupe said. "We'll see what Janee says."

While we were eating and talking, I looked at Josh as he passed by and sat at a table with Roger, and a few other people. When he looked in my direction, I quickly turned away.

"Looking at Josh I see," Jillian teased.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm just looking around. I don't even know him," I said, taking a sip of apple juice.

"But you know he's cute." She grinned.

"I sure know he is!" Lupe exclaimed, which caused Josh, and his friends to glance at us.

I felt my face flush, and pretended to be preoccupied with my plate.

When we were done eating, we went to where Janee and Shane were. It looked like the boys would be joining us with whatever activity we were going to do.

"Alright listen up, we will be hiking and exploring the camp today. A few of you are new here, so we want you all to be familiar with the camp. There's even some that have been here for years that still get lost," Shane said, and I could have sworn he gave Chantel a look.

Jillian, Lupe, and I snickered quietly.

"We will be hiking together as a large group. Make sure you have plenty of snacks, water, and sunscreen. There will be places to where you can get food and drinks on the way," Janee said. "Now let's get exploring!"

We followed Janee and Shane into the woods. I took my camera out, and took a few pictures.

"Are you a photographer?" Lupe asked, looking at my camera.

I grinned, nodding my head. "Yes I am. I love taking pictures of nature and animals," I replied.

"Oh cool!" She grinned. "I was wondering because I noticed you had a Nikon, which is an awesome camera."