Chapter 19

{Character in picture: Evan Crooks as Troy Blackwell}

{Song in video: Neon Trees - Everybody Talks}

Today, we were going to do more artsy activities, such as making jewelry, painting, and drawing.

While we were making jewelry, Jillian was giving Lupe, Chantel, and I some makeup and fashion advice.

"Rowan, you should definitely wear rose gold eyeshadow sometime," Jillian said to me.

"I would if I brought any of that," I said, shrugging and laughing. "I only have foundation and some chapstick."

"I still can't believe you brought so much makeup, clothes, and accessories," Lupe said to Jillian. "We're at summer camp for crying out loud."

"You still want to look good, Loopy," Chantel said. "I like matching accessories to my outfits." She showed us the orange earrings she was wearing with her orange blouse and denim shorts.

"See? Chantel has a good fashion sense," Jillian teased, laughing.

"I do like both of you two's style," I said. "Jillian, you have a edgy almost gothic style, and Chantel, you have a colorful style."

"You know it." Jillian grinned.

"I do like colors and colorful things," Chantel said, jokingly flipping her hair.

After we went silent for a few moments, I looked around, noticing most of the girls in the room pointing at me, and whispering amongst each other.

I glanced at my friends, who looked confused, and seemed to have noticed too.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" I asked my friends, feeling uneasy. I had a feeling that it wasn't in a good way.

"I'm not sure..." Jillian said, glancing around, and glaring at the girls. Some of them quickly turned away and went back to what they were doing, but some were still whispering to each other.

"Do I have something embarrassing on me?" I looked at Jillian's compact mirror.

"No, and no period stains either," Lupe said, frowning.

"How long have they been doing that?" Chantel asked, looking confused.

"I did see a guy briefly walk in, and talked to some of the girls, but I didn't think anything of it at the time," Jillian said. "Maybe it has to do with that." She shrugged.

"It can't be that bad," Lupe said, turning to me. "You didn't do anything either."

"Time for lunch, everyone!" Janee exclaimed suddenly. "Please clean up your things before you go."

We put up the jewelry beads, bracelets, and bracelets.

After that, we headed over to lunch, and I saw even more people glancing over at me and whispering things. This was the most uncomfortable I have felt in a while.

"They're still talking about me," I said, glancing around.

"Hey, if you all have anything to say, then say it to our face!" Jillian exclaimed, looking annoyed.

The people that heard that quickly stopped looking at me.

Jillian rolled her eyes.

"I just wonder what they're saying," I said, frowning. "I didn't do anything."

"I'll find out," Jillian said. She went over to a group of girls that were obviously talking about me. She came back a minute later. "Okay, so you're not going to believe this-"