Chapter 16

{Song in video: Kate Alexa - Another Now}

"Okay everyone, listen up," Shane ordered, immediately shushing everyone. "Today, there will be an option to go on a boat on the lake nearby, which will show everyone a view of camp."

"If anyone wants to go, meet at the part of the lake that is straight ahead," Janee said, pointing in the direction ahead. "We'll be meeting there after lunch."

"Are you guys going?" Jillian turned to us, and asked.

"I'll go," I said, nodding. I'll get to take more pictures of the place.

"Me too," Chantel said.

We looked at Lupe, but she was having a conversation with Roger.

"I'm assuming Lupe and her new boyfriend will go," Jillian said loud enough for them to hear.

"Yes, we'll be going," Lupe said.

Roger's face flushed. "Um, I don't think I'll be going...You all have fun," he said.

"How come?" She gave him a confused look.

"I get seasick." He looked at the ground. "I don't know if you remember what happened last time..."

"You were the puking kid?" Her eyes widened, and he nodded. "Oh...well I'll stay with you."

"Honestly, Loopy, how do you not remember that? He was puking everywhere," Chantel said, making a disgusted face at the memory.

"Don't embarrass him!" She hissed.

"You all can go and have fun," Roger said. He turned to Lupe. "You don't have to stay here, especially since this is our last year at this camp."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." He nodded, smiling.

"Awww, okay." She grinned.

Josh came up to me, and then put his arm around me. "So are you going on the boat ride?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Are you?"

"Yup." He nodded.

"Time to get lunch everyone!" Janee exclaimed, getting everyone's attention.

"I guess that's our cue," Josh said.

"Yeah," I said, laughing.

We went to get lunch, and sat at a table.

"What is this green stuff?" Chantel asked, looking at her plate in disgust.

"That's brussel sprouts," Jillian replied, trying not to laugh.

"Why did you get it if you didn't want it?" Lupe asked, giving Chantel a confused look.

"I thought it was something else at first..." Chantel said, sighing.

"What did you think it was?" Jillian asked, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"I thought it was some cabbage." She shrugged.

"Well, if you don't want them, you can give them to someone else," I suggested.

"Do you want them?" She handed me the brussel sprouts.

"No, thank you." I shook my head, making a disgusted face.

"You're not a big fan of brussel sprouts, are you?" Josh asked me, chuckling.

"Not really." I laughed.

"I'll take them," Roger said.

"Okay," Chantel said, handing the brussel sprouts to him.

"Ew, you eat those?" Lupe asked, making a disgusted face.