Chapter 21

{Song in video: Blondfire - Where The Kids Are}

In the morning, I met up with Bryson to help teach horseback riding to other people. Pretty much everyone that learned how to horseback ride from Bryson and I knew how to ride horses now.

After they were done, they put the horses back in the barn.

"Good job, everyone," Bryson said to them.

We went to the barn to check that the horses were in the right places. When we saw that they were, we walked back outside.

I went over to Josh, who was sitting at a bench. "That was fun!" I exclaimed to him. "I'll miss teaching people how to horseback ride though."

"You can still do that, you know," Josh said.

"What do you mean?" I gave him a confused look.

"You should teach horseback riding to people in your town."

"That's a great idea. I never thought of that." I grinned. "I'm going to do that, and also be a professional photographer."

"Sounds like a great idea." He smiled.

"Thank you so much for giving me that idea." I went up to him, and kissed him.

"You're welcome."

We walked over to the cafeteria to get lunch, and then we sat in the front of the cafeteria with our friends.

Shane and Janee were standing near us. "Okay, everybody, listen up!" Janee exclaimed, getting everyone's attention. After everyone went quiet, she continued, "We're going to be having a party tonight, so we can enjoy each other's company one last time." She had a grin on her face.

"No alcohol," Shane said with his arms crossed, having his usual stern facial expression.

Janee rolled her eyes, and laughed. "I doubt they even have access to that."

"I know how teenagers are."

"You don't have to be so grumpy." She continued laughing as she pinched his cheeks.

At first, he was unamused, but then he started to laugh.

"They're totally flirting!" Jillian exclaimed.

"They're totally flirting!" Lupe mocked Jillian. "I swear you're the preppiest goth girl I've ever known."

Jillian jokingly squinted her eyes as she bit into an apple.

"Be quiet, Jilly Bean and Loopy! They can probably hear you!" Chantel hissed.

"Well, it's true," Jillian said, shrugging.

Josh turned to me. "Am I the only one entertained by this?" He asked.

"No, I am too," I said, laughing. "This happens all the time though."

"Oh, I know that. I've known them for the past five years."

"I wish I came here earlier. That would have been great."

"At least you came this year." He put his arm around me, and kissed my cheek.

After lunch, I went to the girls' cabin, and decided to Skype with my parents. My friends also Skyped with my parents briefly.

"So when are we going to meet your boyfriend?" My mom asked giddily.

"You all can now if you want. I'll just have to find him," I said.

I walked outside, and went to the boys' cabins. I spotted Josh, who was sitting outside of the cabin, strumming on his guitar.

"Hey..." I said to him, awkwardly holding my phone.