Chapter 20

{Song in video: St. Lucia - Closer Than This}

It was now the last week of summer camp, and I was feeling sad because I didn't know how Josh and I would be in a relationship if we lived so far away from each other. I usually thought ahead of things, but I didn't really know why I didn't do that this time.

I knew I needed to meet up with him to privately talk about that. I could tell he was thinking of it too since he seemed more deep in thought lately.

I stood up from the log, walking alongside the lake by myself, pondering over different things. I went by the water, and slowly swished my hand around in the lake as I stared into my reflection.

Would we stay together in a long distance relationship or will we break up?

"Rowan?" I heard Josh's voice say as I turned around, and saw him walking toward me.

"Oh, hey, Josh," I said, giving him a slight smile even though I felt melancholy.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit down." He gave me a concerned look, putting his arms around me and kissing my cheek.

I sighed. "Well...I've just had a lot of things on my mind lately."

"Like what?"

"It's the last week of summer camp, and I was just wondering what's going to happen to us once it's over."

Josh was silent for a bit, and then he said, "Well, we can always be in a long distance relationship, if you want to of course."

"Of course I'd want to." I sighed in relief. "I was wondering if you were going to break up with me or something."

"No, not at all." He shook his head. "I know this sounds very cliche, but honestly, I've never felt like this before with anyone. Not even with Helena."

I felt my face flush, and I looked down, smiling. A few seconds later, I looked back up. "I honestly feel the same way."

He held me in his arms for a while, and then said, "So how do you want the relationship to work after summer camp ends?"

"We can talk via phone, text, social media, and Skype." I suggested.

"I was thinking the same thing." He smiled. "And we can plan when to visit each other whenever we can."

"Sounds good."

Both of us stared at our reflections in the lake, and then Josh said, "I still need to teach you how to play some guitar."

"Oh, yeah." I almost forgotten about it since summer camp ending soon and what to do with our relationship was on my mind lately.

"Want me to teach you some more?"

"Sure. I still have to learn some of the chords though." I laughed.

"No problem." He smiled as he took my hand.

We walked by the boys' cabins, and he went inside to get his acoustic guitar.

He came back out a few minutes later, and we went over to where we were earlier by the lake.

He taught me how to use the chords, but I still had difficulty grasping it.

"This is a lot more complicated than I thought," I said with a slight frown.

"Yeah, it is," he said. "It'll be worth it in the end though."

I gave him a smile, and we played with the guitar for a while until Lupe, Jillian, and Chantel ran over to us.