Chapter 4

{Character in picture: Coco Jones as Chantel Perkins}

{Song in video: Stereo Skyline - Uptown Get Around}

Chantel, Jillian, Lupe, and I headed outside to Janee, and the rest of our group. We waited until everyone in our cabin showed up.

"Alright girls, we're going to play volleyball! After that, we'll be doing some arts and crafts. Does that sound good?" Janee said, grinning at us. Most of us nodded in agreement. "Good, now let's play some volleyball!"

"Do any of you know how to play volleyball?" Chantel asked us, slightly frowning in confusion.

Lupe nodded. "Yeah, don't worry it's a lot of fun," she said, grinning.

"You don't remember how to play?" Jillian asked Chantel.

Chantel shook her head. "Nope," she said.

Janee clapped her hands together. "Okay girls, let's split up into teams," she said. She called out our names, and we went to our teams.

I've played volleyball a few times, but I wasn't that great at it.

"Let's start!" Janee exclaimed.

We started the game, and Chantel served. She was on my team, and Lupe and Jillian were on the other team.

"Come on boys, keep up!" I heard a voice exclaim from about twenty feet behind me.

I turned around, and noticed Shane, and the guys jogging by us. I watched Matt and Roger jog by.

"Rowan, watch out!" I heard Jillian yell, but before I could turn around, I felt the volleyball smack onto my head.

"Ugh," I said, wincing and rubbing my head.

Josh quickly jogged over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked, looking concerned.

Roger followed behind him.

I managed a fake smile. "Yeah I'm fine." I felt my face flush from embarrassment.

"Let's take a break," Janee said. She quickly gave me an ice pack.

I didn't think I needed it, but took it anyways. "Thanks," I said to her.

"What's the hold up?" Shane said sternly, jogging over to us.

"I'm just making sure Rowan is okay," Josh said.

"Oh okay." He turned to the rest of the guys. "Let us proceed." Him and the guys jogged away.

Josh turned back to me. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked again, still looking concerned.

I nodded. "Yeah, and thanks," I said, smiling.

"You're welcome." He gave me a slight smile, and jogged and caught up with the rest of the guys.

Jillian raised an eyebrow, and gave me an amused smile. "Ooh, he came over here to make sure you were okay," she said.

I gave her a look, and then laughed. "So? Anybody would have done that," I said.

"Sure." She still had an amused smile on her face.

But...he doesn't even know me.

Janee came up to us, which interrupted my daydreaming. "Rowan, you think you can get back in the game? If you're still in pain, then you can sit out," she said.

I turned to Janee. "I can get back in the game. My face doesn't really hurt anymore," I said, giving her a reassuring smile and nod.

"Okay cool." She grinned, and then turned to the rest of the girls. "Break's over, let's get back in the game."

We played for a while until it was lunch time. This time, I didn't get hit in the face. I made sure I was paying extra attention to our volleyball game.

"I still can't believe you got distracted, and got hit with a volleyball because you were staring at Josh," Lupe said, putting food on her tray.

Chantel raised an eyebrow, and gave her a look. "I can," she said, snickering. "Josh is fine."

Lupe, Jillian, and I laughed. We walked to a table in the cafeteria.

"There he is now," Lupe said, and we turned around and saw Josh, Roger, and a few others walking over to a nearby table.

"Stop staring at them! You guys are so obvious," Jillian hissed, rolling her eyes, and then laughing.

We laughed, and quickly turned away. She was right, we were looking in their direction a lot. Hopefully they didn't notice.

After we finished lunch, we went to a cabin to do arts and crafts.

Janee walked in the cabin, and got everyone's attention. "Hey guys, we're going to do some pottery this week. How many of you all have used pottery clay before?" She said to us.

A few of the girls raised their hands. I never had used pottery clay, but it looked very interesting.

She showed us how to use the pottery clay, and then we started working on it.

"What are you guys making?" I asked, glancing at Lupe, Jillian, and Chantel. So far, my pottery clay looked like a blob.

"I'm not sure yet," Lupe said, slightly frowning at her pottery clay. "I don't really know how to do this."

"Same here," Chantel said, looking confused.

"Well I sort of know how to do this since I took pottery class at school," Jillian said, smiling. "Just start off with something simple, like cups or something."

"I remember you took that class! Was it any fun?" Lupe asked her.

She grinned, nodding her head. "Yeah, it was fun."

"I'm going to make a bowl," I said, smiling. "Hopefully it turns out the way I want to." I figured a bowl would be easy to make.

Janee walked around the cabin room. "Don't worry if it doesn't look that great. You'll practice and get the hang of it," she said, grinning. "Personally, I love pottery. I took a pottery class in high school, and at first I wasn't very good at it, but over time I practiced and got better."

Lupe turned to us, grinning. "At first I wasn't so sure about this, but now I want to take pottery once I go back to school," she said. "I want to practice and get better at this pottery clay stuff."

Jillian turned to her, and smiled. "You should!" She said.

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah, especially if it's something you like," I said.

We worked on our pottery designs, talked, and joked around for the next few hours.

**********

A/N: Rowan, and her friends played volleyball and are trying to make stuff out of pottery clay :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT