Chapter Twelve

Recap:

We walked to the front door and I just waited there but Calvin just walked on in. My first thought was is this a TV house were they don’t close and lock the doors? But I guess they were expecting us because Cal’s mother said, “Hey yall we in the Kitchen.”

We walked into the Kitchen and saw Calvin’s dad and someone I thought I would never see again in my life.

__________________________________________________________________

Zara

Tears streamed down my face I couldn’t believe who I was looking at. I haven’t seen him in so many years. I missed him so much.

“UncleCal, Oh my god it’s you. I haven’t seen you since I was 6 years old.”

Let me explain this to you guys.

UncleCal and I aren’t related. He was my dads best friend and kinda took care of us after my father had to leave the country. He bought us stuff and helped my mom around with the bills until she meet Richard and he made him go away. He always came around with this boy and girl that were my age and we would play with each other……..

OH MY FUCKING GOODNESS

That boy and girl were Chris and Christina!!!

He walked up to me and gave me a fatherly hug and a kiss on my forehead. “Zara I thought I would never see you again. Last time I spoke to your mother she said that you guys moved with Richard to the Caribbean. Look at you all grown and beautiful. How have you been baby girl?”

“I’ve been as good as I could be without my Uncle Cal around. I’ve missed you so much. I know Samaya misses you so much. That reminds me Samaya is pregnant. I’m a nurse and she owns her own chain of restaurants. I’ve got so much to tell you.” I said speaking fast and smiling hard.

“Wait what the hell is going on man.” Calvin said with a look of confusion on his face. His mother had the same look on her face.

“Boy watch your mouth in my house. But let me answer all yall questions because I can tell ya moms got some questions too.’

“OK first is she my cousin?”

“Son no she’s not her father was my best friend. Do you remember when you were about 4 years old and I started to take the twins out every week and you used to go to Quint and James house.” He nodded his head,” Well I was taking the twins to Zara’s house so they could play with each other. I always asked if you wanted to go and you said ‘I’m a big boy I don’t wanna play wit babies.”

He started laughing and nodded his head.

“OH My goodness Zara I didn’t even notice you. You have grown up to be a beautiful, beautiful woman. Your mom and I used to be friends too. I miss her so much.”

 She gave me a kiss and hugged me tightly. Its crazy because I already knew most of Calvin’s family. His sister and I got along, also his cousins, and I knew his Mom, Dad, and Brother already. If you asked me it was kinda meant to be for him to kidnap me and for us to be together. I liked Calvin. But I’m not gonna let him know that shit. That’s too reckless.

We talked about family stuff for about three hours, old times and old embarrassing stories that should have been buried in the dirt.