Thrown

Owen woke up to a crashing sound. He looked and saw Jessica was not in the bed. Owen rushed over, worried the little girl he seemed to be attached to had been taken. Only he found a plate broken on the ground, with two pieces of buttered bread and a banana. Jessica was trying to clean in up quickly, and she began to sob.

"Jessica, stop. You're gonna hurt yourself." Owen said softly as he kneeled next to her. She flinched and quickly crawled to the other side of the room, shoving herself into the corner. She shook and sobbed with fear. 

"I'm Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She cried over and over again. Owen sat in front of the little girl and softly took her hands. He pulled it away from her face and shushed her.

"It was an accident. It's okay." Owen said to her. He places his hand on the side of her face. Jessica flinched at the kind touched, but then leaned into the palm of his hand. Owen opened his arms out, and Jessica looked t him confused. "Come here."

Jessica sniffled, and slowly crawled over into Owen's arms. He wrapped his arms around her and stroked her hair. Jessica buried her head into the crook of Owen's elbow. Her warm hot tears fell on his arm, and Owen just held her and slowly rocked. Jessica wrapped her little thin arms around Owen's large hairy arm in comfort.

"I thought you were gonna hurt me." She tells him. He pulls her away to looked at her swollen face. His fingers brush her red cheeks as he moves her dirty blonde hair out of her face.

"I will never hurt you. I may get mad and yell, but I will never hurt you. I promise." He tells her. Jessica's hazel eyes look at Owen's face, but quickly looks away.

"Thats what everyone says." She mumbles. Owen's heart drops at her words. But he then smirks and stands up. Jessica brought her knees to her chest. Now Mr. Owen gonna be mad at me forever, she thinks to herself.

Owen walks over to the wall they were next to, and takes everything off of it. He took off his metals and made sure the wall was just the pale tan. Owen pulls out a fat sharpie and beings to write on the wall. He steps back and looks at Jessica.

She looks at it confused, tears still were falling. She didn't understand why he drew on the wall. They just looked like scribbles to her.

"What do you think?" Owen asks her. 

"I don't get it." She whispers. Owen picks her up, and puts her on his hip. She leans on his shoulder as he points to each scribble.

"Promise, Wall." He said as pointed to the words. "When we write a promise on the wall, it stays forever."

"Forever?" She asked.

"And you can't break it." He adds. He picks up the marker and writes on it.

"Never to hit you." He says as he writes it. "What other promises?"

"I can choose?" She asked confused.

"Yup. So What do you want to promise?" He said as he gave her the marker. 

"um....to never leave each other." Jessica said with a smile.

"I like it." Owen said. He guided Jessica's hand to write the five words.  "We can come up with more later if you want." 

"Okay." She said softly and gave Owen the marker back.

"Wanna go play outside? It really nice out." Owen asked her with a smile. Jessica wasn't sure, but Owen brought her out anyway. 

Owen brought over one of his spare tires and the two created games. He taught her hide and seek, and man was she good at it. Jessica laughed and giggled so much, Owen's heart was about to burst with pride. He met this girl yesterday and he already was attached. She could barley make a smile and now she was laughing.

"Owen!" He turned around and saw Barry with a tablet in his hand. Owen walked away from Jessica, who was playing on the tire, and head over to Barry. "You're gonna want to see this."

Owen took the tablet and watched the security tapes.

A slim figure in workers closes snuck into the paddock by climbing. Once in the corner, The figure unzipped their jumpsuit and basically threw this little girl on the ground. The figure pulled out an object that reflected to the light, it looked like a knife. The figure cut the little girl, then climbed back up the walls, using the little girl's head for a boost. The crying began and Blue came charging.

"Any ID?" Owen growled. Barry shook his head.

"Don't have that type of authority, I'm sorry Owen." Barry said. Both men looked at the little girl, who was talking to a tire. She was smiling and using her hands to tell a story. Owen pulled a small index card out of his pocket and handed it to Barry.

"Use this." He said, not taking his eyes off Jessica. Barry's eyes widened at the card.

"Owen, I can't use this." He said but Owen put his hand up.

"I don't care. Use it. I need to find who did this to Jessica." Owen said. Barry chuckled a bit at his last words.

"Jessica? Is that her name?"

"No...She thought her name was Bitch, so last night we came up with a new one." Owen explains.

"You care for this girl, no?" Barry asked his good friend.

"Yeah, and I'm prepared to take care of her no matter what." Owen tells Barry. "You think I'm making the wrong choice?"

"No." Barry laughed. "Its just funny to see you having mother bear instincts." Barry laughed as he turned away back to his car.

"I do not!" Owen shouted at him with a smile.

"Calm down Mama Bear." Barry teased. He hopped into his jeep and drove away.

Owen looked back at the little girl. She was now looking across the river. There stood an Ankylosaurus.

It stared at the little girl

It stared at the little girl. The girl waved at the Dinosaur. The Dino shook it's tail back, then headed into the woods. Owen smiled at the girl. 

She was definitely a Dino Girl.

His Dino Girl.